Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure someone has answered this Q before. But I couldn't find it. 820 has been granted last year, and I'm planning to travel in a month time. Do I need to get approval from the immi? BVB? Or I can just travel now without any?

TIA

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You have full travel rights on the 820, no need to tell anyone - but if not travelling with partner collect evidence of communication while apart. If travelling with partner collect evidence to submit later to support the 801.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have full travel rights on the 820, no need to tell anyone - but if not travelling with partner collect evidence of communication while apart. If travelling with partner collect evidence to submit later to support the 801.
Cool! Okay then. Didn't even think about collecting evidence for 801 good thinking 99. 😜. Thanks ampk

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I would use it as a chance to generate evidence not just collecting.

Either by way and content of communication or by transport/accommodation bookings even to family. I found email great for this - Get quotes or ask questions using words like partner/husband/wife and then name.

Hi, my partner and I are looking at a booking at your hotel. We are hoping to get a view of both the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House, do you have such rooms available? We wish to make a booking very soon so can you please advice ASAP to both myself and my partners email [email protected] or call myself Jane Citizen on 042312345 or John Doe on 042354321 Thank you.

Then a follow up - Hi Myself Jane and my partner John recently stayed at your hotel. We specifically asked for a room with a view of the Harbor Bridge and the Opera house. Your staff called us and said that you had several room types with this view and asked what one we wanted. We selected the expensive suite.

But on arrival we soon noted that the view was extremely obscured by a very large cruise ship see attached photo. We went out to have a late dinner at a restaurant at The Rocks and returned back to our room at around 10pm to find the cruise ship had gone - the view was excellent but we were pretty tired so went to bed.

John and I woke in the morning eager to enjoy our view only to find another massive cruise ship parked up in the way.

John and I are extremely disappointed that this obviously common occurrence of restricted view, was not brought to our attention before we booked the room. Needless to say this will be mentioned in our review of your hotel. The photos we will forward to the cruise liner companies for use in there advertising brochures.

Regards Jane and John.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would use it as a chance to generate evidence not just collecting.

Either by way and content of communication or by transport/accommodation bookings even to family. I found email great for this - Get quotes or ask questions using words like partner/husband/wife and then name.

Hi, my partner and I are looking at a booking at your hotel. We are hoping to get a view of both the Harbor Bridge and the Opera House, do you have such rooms available? We wish to make a booking very soon so can you please advice ASAP to both myself and my partners email [email protected] or call myself Jane Citizen on 042312345 or John Doe on 042354321 Thank you.

Then a follow up - Hi Myself Jane and my partner John recently stayed at your hotel. We specifically asked for a room with a view of the Harbor Bridge and the Opera house. Your staff called us and said that you had several room types with this view and asked what one we wanted. We selected the expensive suite.

But on arrival we soon noted that the view was extremely obscured by a very large cruise ship see attached photo. We went out to have a late dinner at a restaurant at The Rocks and returned back to our room at around 10pm to find the cruise ship had gone - the view was excellent but we were pretty tired so went to bed.

John and I woke in the morning eager to enjoy our view only to find another massive cruise ship parked up in the way.

John and I are extremely disappointed that this obviously common occurrence of restricted view, was not brought to our attention before we booked the room. Needless to say this will be mentioned in our review of your hotel. The photos we will forward to the cruise liner companies for use in there advertising brochures.

Regards Jane and John.
Many thanks for the idea 😄

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.