Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, looking for a genuine help on this. I am Australian PR and my partner has filed onshore 820 partner visa in april. She was on student visa at that time and we decided not to continue with student so we volunteerily cancelled studen visa. Now that she is on bridging E and she cant travel or work. But we urgently have to go overseas in january and we know if we go her bridging visa E gets cancelled. and she will have to apply tourist visa to coke back. Is this possible?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Most likely not. I am pretty sure that when you leave on a BVE you get an automatic 3 year ban from re-entering Australia on a temporary visa.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hello guys, looking for a genuine help on this. I am Australian PR and my partner has filed onshore 820 partner visa in april. She was on student visa at that time and we decided not to continue with student so we volunteerily cancelled studen visa. Now that she is on bridging E and she cant travel or work. But we urgently have to go overseas in january and we know if we go her bridging visa E gets cancelled. and she will have to apply tourist visa to coke back. Is this possible?
It is possible to apply, but will it be granted ? Technically she can't meet "genuine visitor" requirements, so she will be relying on luck or a compassionate case officer. Are you willing to take that risk?

I always advise people against cancelling their student visas and ending up on a BVE for this very reason.

My advice would be to stay put until the partner visa has been granted.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
E is for Evil!

Do not pass Go - spend $200 and go directly to a RMA (a good Australia based one)

*Edit but then one just pops up and saves $200.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It is a Registered Migration Agent, the only place to get good advice - never ask DIBP they often give wrong advice even on their website.

CCMS is a very good Australian based one. Being in Australia they are accountable for their advice unlike overseas ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.