Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm currently on a 417 WHV, awaiting a decision on my 820 partner visa application.

I'm planning to travel to the UK in September for 2 weeks, but know that in the (highly unlikely!) event that my 820 visa is granted while I'm offshore that could invalidate the whole thing.

Just wondering how I can notify immigration of short term travel whilst my 820 visa is processed?

There's a lot of info on here about BVA/BVB, but I will still be on my 417 visa when I travel - BVA doesn't kick in until it expires in Jan 2019.

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
"...but know that in the (highly unlikely!) event that my 820 visa is granted while I'm offshore that could invalidate the whole thing."

And where did you get that information? They can't grant it while you're offshore so such a scenario isn't even possible. They will notify you that they're ready to finalize but can't because your passport is showing that you're offshore, then they'll tell you to come back so they can do so.

BVB isn't so that immigration knows when someone will be offshore while awaiting a decision on an onshore partner visa. They can tell that simply based on the location of the passport. You're right that you won't need one as you can reenter on your 417 if it still allows (always a good idea to check your must not arrive after date and visa expiry just in case before you go).

Yes, you need to notify immigration that you'll be going offshore, but that is so that they can get in contact with you if need be. If you don't notify them and they try to reach you for information without success, they can deny the visa. That's not likely to happen with such a short trip but it has happened before. Just keep your contact info updated in your immi account and if you want you can upload an itinerary as well. Be sure to update you contact info again when you get back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.