Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, currently panicking and stressing about the below that hopefully someone can clear up!

Currently in Australia on a subclass 300 (prospective marriage visa).
Applying for SC820 (partner visa) this week as we have just got married.
Subclass 300 visa expires 4 march.
Travelling to our 2nd wedding (non legal binding) in Philippines on 28 February (15 days from now) and return to Australia 9 April.

Question: Do we need to have a Bridging Visa B approved before we can leave Australia as our subclass 300 visa will expire while overseas? What's the process?
Thankyou!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you apply for the Bridging Visa B?
It's not written under any headings for new applications??

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Don't know mate, never needed one - just pretty sure you need one. Also I often get corrected by the RMA's if I am wrong (nicely).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully someone comes along who can answer.
After a lot of searching I've found you apply for it under the "update us" heading inside the application - I've just submitted the 820 visa, however there's no "update us" heading, whereas the rest of my visas have an update us heading/link.

Will the update us link appear once the application status changes from submitted to received?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, am I fine to apply for the BVB or will I need to apply for a BVA in advance, then the BVB? This is so confusing.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
The grant one will expire while O/S it does come attached to a BVA after the 820 application.

So I think the question is fair and not just a case of a grant letter read

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For those who find this in future.
Turns out we needed to wait for the acknowledgement email for the SC820 that says the visa has been submitted (application status changed to received), and was then automatically granted a BVA. We could then apply for the BVB following that through the bridging visa link in the application.

The email came 4 hours after submitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.