Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My dad has a permanent resident visa (subclass 111). He got it in the 1980's. He just got a new passport, so he filled out the form 929 to connect the details of his visa to his new passport.

We got an email back saying that "your form 929 has been processed and your details have been updated." The email said we could check visa details on VEVO, but I can't find his visa evidence number on his visa so I can't connect to VEVO.

Could anyone tell me where it is printed on older visas? (His would be from the 1980s). There are different strings of numbers printed on the visa, but I can't work out which one is the visa evidence number.

Thanks!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi,

My dad has a permanent resident visa (subclass 111). He got it in the 1980's. He just got a new passport, so he filled out the form 929 to connect the details of his visa to his new passport.

We got an email back saying that "your form 929 has been processed and your details have been updated." The email said we could check visa details on VEVO, but I can't find his visa evidence number on his visa so I can't connect to VEVO.

Could anyone tell me where it is on older visas? (His would have been from the 1980s).

Thanks!

Thanks!
One of the reference types you can use in VEVO is the "Visa Evidence Number".

In the 1980's people received visa labels in their passport, which contained the Visa Evidence Number (this is a different format from the current Visa Grant Numbers).

So you'd find the relevant number in the old passport containing the original visa label. Failing that, you may have to lodge a FOI request or search the National Archives to retrieve this information

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/lega/lega/form/immi-faqs/find-my-visa-grant-or-evidence-number

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Forms/Documents/424a.pdf

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/explore/migration/index.aspx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick, thanks for your response. I have the original visa label, I just can't work out where the visa evidence number is. I looked in the top RH corner (which is where the immigration dept website said it would be, but it's not there).

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi Nick, thanks for your response. I have the original visa label, I just can't work out where the visa evidence number is. I looked in the top RH corner (which is where the immigration dept website said it would be, but it's not there).
You'll find it at two locations on the visa label: top right and bottom left.

The one at the bottom is usually in this format: V999<1234567B1

The one at top might look like this: 9991234567B1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.