Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying to track VISA(820) progress

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Dinkum 
#1 ·
Hey,

So we have applied the 820 temporary partner visa for my wife (applicant), lodged on 7 March 2014, she granted the Bridging Visa A on the 10 March 2014 (notified by a Counter Officer ECO FW - Kate), is she the so called assigned case officer? Or we will get notification on the assignment?

And because of travelling, she also applied Bridging Visa B which was granted on the day of lodging (7 April 2014) with grant numbers and all that.

I tried to track down using VEVO to follow up the progress of her partner visa 820 using the information I've got, I can only find progress about Bridging Visa B. Am I missing it somewhere?

It's only been almost 6 months. Is it still too short to complain about the waiting time?

#2 ·
Onshore partner visa's have a processing time of 12-15 months unless there are Schedule 3 issues. Schedule 3 issues occur when you lodge an application onshore and you don't have a substantive vise (ie you hold a bridging visa).

Under the new partner visa processing system your application will be assigned for processing after all applications lodged earlier are assigned for processing. You are no longer assigned a Case Officer to process your application from Start to Finish. At the end of each day your application is put back in the pile of current a applications and assigned to an available case officer the next day. The really good thing about this is that when a case officer goes on leave, your application continues to be processed.

Also note that there are only 55 partner visa case officers in Australia, and something like 29,000 applications a year (some are done offshore). You do the maths? So be patient and all will be well.

Regards

#3 ·
As Jeremy says it's WAY to early to be complaining about processing time. Your possibly not even half way yet.

I also wouldn't expect to hear anything at all from them until your visa is granted (unless they need to ask for your police certificate or medical). They won't update you on the progress of the application - just one day you'll get a grant notification :)

#9 ·
There will always be applications that take longer for no apparent reason... but we have to remember that we're on a public forum, and people may not always tell us everything relevant, or know that they're not telling us everything relevant. I quite honestly think the vast majority of COs are hard workers and do their best to handle things fairly and as efficiently as possible, and I think this new system will help facilitate that. It's budget cuts that leave 55 people to handle so many applications that I think are unfair and ridiculous.

Reactions: Dinkum
#10 ·
As long as it takes...

I agree wholeheartedly CG. Every application is individual and unique in some way. So each will take a different time to process. This new system
seems fairer, as processing of each application is commenced in order of lodgement and is not delayed by having just one case officer. Beyond that... how long is your piece is string? 42? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.