Australia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We have been waiting on our partner 482 visa short term stream.

Submitted 11th March. Seem to be getting conflicting information online on waiting times. It doesn't seem like people are getting there visas through quickly on this visa?

The government website is showing 75% of applications processed within 37 days and 90% of applications processed within 73 days. We have passed the 75% mark and creeping towards 90% of visas.

Is it possible to go onto a bridging visa while waiting for the 482 visa? What are the conditions for the sponsored applicant and the partner applicant if from ETA to bridging visa to TSS 482 - if allowed?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
The processing times for any visa are often unpredictable which I know is frustrating. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

You would only be issued a bridging visa if you were in Australia on a substantive visa at the time you lodged your 482 application, and even then the bridging visa would only come into effect when the original visa expired.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The processing times for any visa are often unpredictable which I know is frustrating. Hopefully it won't be much longer.

You would only be issued a bridging visa if you were in Australia on a substantive visa at the time you lodged your 482 application, and even then the bridging visa would only come into effect when the original visa expired.[/QUOTE
U still waiting??? I lodged my file on 28 march

·
Registered
8 Posts
The TSS 482 visa is comprised of a Short-Term stream, Medium-Term stream and Labour agreement stream. ... A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
How long 482 takes???its already 3 month
482 Visa Processing Times for applications finalised in May 2019:

Short Term Stream: 75% of applications within 30 days, 10% took over 46 days.
Medium Term Stream: 75% of applications within 30 days, 10% took over 47 days
Labour Agreement Stream: 75% of applications within 27 days, 10% took over 33 days
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-skill-shortage-482

Did you use an RMA for the application?

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
What's RMA Means??
RMA= Registered Migration Agent. https://www.mara.gov.au

They would normally submit an application that covers all requirements.

I am wondering if the longer delays are from people who submit their own applications or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They would normally submit an application that covers all requirements.

I am wondering if the longer delays are from people who submit their own applications or not.
Still waiting on ours.. day 127 and we used an agent/lawyer. Not hearing a thing... :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and the wait is over :) Finally got our visa today. Wait time was 6 months and 6 days since lodgement with no RFI required. Good luck to all those waitings - there is light at the end of the tunnel!!! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

We applied for 482 subsequent entrant on 11th october, haven't received any updates yet. Has any one applied recently or received their subsequent entrant visa ? please share your time frame.
thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts