Australia Forum banner
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glad to know there seems a good forum here, hope I'm ok in asking my question.
Should I go for a TSS visa or a student visa?
I want to live in Australia with my girlfriend, but have only known them for 4 months.
I don't think I'm going to find it quick or easy to get a TSS visa, but a student one should be easy. Also I like the idea of studying something new or related to IT.
I work as an IT support technician in the uk full time, and I'm a British citizen with no criminal record, single and have no kids.
I believe the TSS would be preferable, however is difficult to get because I have to compete with Australian IT technicians, and my work area isn't specialised.
I could survive with savings and studying on a student visa and working 40hours a fortnight. Then potentially accrue the 12 months living together, for a spouse visa.
Are there any other options, or what do you think is best?
Thanks very much.
1 - 2 of 4 Posts
Not open for further replies.