Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My situation is a bit different and I want to clarify one thing. I have a couple of offers lined up in Australia and I can get sponsorship as well. My occupation is in the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) so I can get up to 4 years.

Before I apply for the visa, I want to include my wife as part of my application just to make things quicker. However, the challenge is that we just got married (2 weeks ago) and we don't currently live together :( The only time we spent together was for the honeymoon (1 week only)
I'm in New Zealand at the moment holding PR visa and she's overseas because she's still waiting for her NZ visa to be issued but that will take like forever.

For TSS subclass 482 visa, according to my information, you will need to provide 6 months evidence if in de facto relationship but what about spouse? Can I bring my wife with just marriage certificate and that we don't currently live together?

Appreciate your help as am trying whatever I can just to be with my wife.

Cheers,

·
Registered
796 Posts
Short answer would be no. As you need to prove the relationship. The marriage certificate is simply one VERY small piece of evidence.
Due to obviously there are some that only marry for the visa or pay the person without having met.
So even if married the relationship needs to be priced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Short answer would be no. As you need to prove the relationship. The marriage certificate is simply one VERY small piece of evidence.
Due to obviously there are some that only marry for the visa or pay the person without having met.
Thanks for the clarification. Will I stand a chance if I was able to provide other evidences other than the "living together part"? Something like photos from a big wedding ceremony, family gathering, or even stuff from our honeymoon trip. Is the decision solely relying on the case officer mood?
Just want to make sure before taking any step further. Or may be it's worth checking with a lawyer?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Will I stand a chance if I was able to provide other evidences other than the "living together part"? Something like photos from a big wedding ceremony, family gathering, or even stuff from our honeymoon trip. Is the decision solely relying on the case officer mood?
Just want to make sure before taking any step further. Or may be it's worth checking with a lawyer?
There is no living together requirement. It's about proving a genuine and ongoing relationship.
To be honest photos from a 2 week period wouldn't add much weight. Photos over a period of time is what they are after if they pay weight to photos.
How long did you know each other before getting married?
A MARA agent is what you would need, there's a sticky note with a list of reputable agents that regularly contribute here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no living together requirement. It's about proving a genuine and ongoing relationship.
To be honest photos from a 2 week period wouldn't add much weight. Photos over a period of time is what they are after if they pay weight to photos.
How long did you know each other before getting married?
A MARA agent is what you would need, there's a sticky note with a list of reputable agents that regularly contribute here.
We've known each other for a bit over a year but it was a long distance relationship. We met in person in March 2018 for 1 week and did an engagement before I came back again on Jan 2019 for the wedding.

I guess a MARA agent is the way to go as you've suggested.

Cheers,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.