Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
I'm from Mexico and my partner is an Australian permanent resident from England. We met two years and a half ago in Mexico.
I went to Australia in 2015 on a visitor visa and lived with my partner for 1 year. I didn't overstay, my visa allowed me multiple entries and 6 months of stay on each arrival. So I stayed as long as I could.
I went back to Mexico before my visa expired on December 2016 after a year living and travelling with my partner.
We continued our relationship by distance for one year and have seen each other twice since I left Australia, 8 days in England, and we just went to Indonesia for a few days. We submitted a Partner visa on October this year and applied for a visitor visa just afterwards. Visitor visa got refused so we immediately apply again a new one with more evidence of my job and my family ties. It has been refused again. for the same reasons, they are not satisfied that I intend a genuine temporary stay.
We have the right to appeal to the last visitor visa refusal, but I read it can take a few months to get a response and it's also expensive.
Do you think the refusals will affect my partner visa?
I would like to visit my partner in Australia but I don't want to risk the partner one. What would you recommend in my situation?
:(:confused:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It will not effect your Partner Visa application.

Contact an Australian based RMA to go over your past applications and see what options you may have.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
It will not effect your Partner Visa application.
Unless there were public interest (health or charcater) issues involved or there were iconsistencies in the information provided in the various applications.

The OP purportedly failed to satisfy the GTE (Genuine Tempporary Entrant) criterion which is the catch all reason for temporary visa refusals. The DIBP have form letters for this and all they do is change the name and the date.

There are sometimes possible reasons for a visa refusal, other than the one cited.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.