Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.
I'm from Mexico and my partner is an Australian permanent resident from England. We met two years and a half ago in Mexico.
I went to Australia in 2015 on a visitor visa and lived with my partner for 1 year. I didn't overstay, my visa allowed me multiple entries and 6 months of stay on each arrival. So I stayed as long as I could.
I went back to Mexico before my visa expired on December 2016 after a year living and travelling with my partner.
We continued our relationship by distance for one year and have seen each other twice since I left Australia, 8 days in England, and we just went to Indonesia for a few days. We submitted a Partner visa on October this year and applied for a visitor visa just afterwards. Visitor visa got refused so we immediately apply again a new one with more evidence of my job and my family ties. It has been refused again. for the same reasons, they are not satisfied that I intend a genuine temporary stay.
We have the right to appeal to the last visitor visa refusal, but I read it can take a few months to get a response and it's also expensive.
Do you think the refusals will affect my partner visa?
I would like to visit my partner in Australia but I don't want to risk the partner one. What would you recommend in my situation?
:(:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.