Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a U.S. Citizen interested in moving temporarily (several years?) to Australia. I would remain employed in the U.S. and "telecommute" from Australia. I am having a hard time understanding whether or not this is possible... non of the Visa streams seem to match my situation. I understand that remaining employed in the U.S. and living abroad has tax implications. Could anyone advise on how I could do this?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hello,

I believe this is possible, but not very easy and quick solution. Being US citizen, working and receiving pay in your US bank account wont be any problem, only problem i can see is that while in Australia, even if you are working remotely, its still considered as working. So you need an Australian visa which let you work from there and which should not have any condition like you have to work for your sponsor / or on a particular physical location etc. I think you should look into the skill based migration program. This will be a PR visa, you will be able to live and work there, While in Australia looking for job is your duty, so you can just live there work remotely for your existing job in USA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.