Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone would be able to help me with some advice about my burden. We will be applying for a Partnership/De Facto Visa soon and I am so worried about the police check that I need to obtain from UAE for character test. I provided my friend in UAE a copy of my passport and asked her to check at the police station if there is any complaints under my name and she found out that there is a criminal offence filed against me by one of the banks I owed money from. Therefore, they said that the only way to clear the case is to talk to the bank and settle the debt. But as much as I want to pay them off, I am presently uncapable. :( I will still try and get a police check from here in Australia thru the UAE Embassy but I am afraid I will not be given. If ever I am not able to secure a police check from UAE due to my unsettled debts, would that cause our application to be denied? Please help, if anyone have had the same issue. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. I am fully aware of that. However, I am presently uncapable of doing it, as much as I wanted to just settle it all. I will talk to the bank and try to ask for a payment plan but I think they will only lift the case once it's paid in full. My concern is, if I am not able to obtain a police check on time of our application since I am on the process of paying them off, would it cause our application to be denied? Can I explain to the case officer that I am currently on process of clearing the debt? Because we have to apply my new visa by October and I am afraid by that time, I still do not have the police check. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.