Australia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I would appreciate comments on the following.

I have a UK Bachelors degree ( BEng[Hons], intake 2009) which is accredited for both IEng and CEng from the engineering Council.

Consequently, I am also a registered member of the Engineering Council (IEng) as i passed my membership review with the Institution of Civil Engineers.

My question is does my degree fall under the Washington or Sydney accord. I have not done any further learning but i have achieved IEng.

As per my understanding, i think it should be Washington Accord. i have read the MSA booklet and it says "For applicants who have not undertaken further learning but have completed an Honours degree, there is a dual Accreditation provision (see "Honours degrees and IEng (dual accreditation)"

Programs that are 'accredited for further learning for CEng' require an accredited undergraduate qualification to apply via the Washington Accord pathway.

But the booklet also says that all bachelor's degree accredited from 1999 are eligible for Sydney Accord.

I am confused. Any comments and clarifications will be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
From what you have posted, your degree should be ok for the Washington Accord that applies to professional engineers, The Sydney Accord applies to engineering technologists,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a UK Bachelors degree BEng (Hons), intake 2012 which is accredited for IEng only, unfortunately it is accredited for CEng from intake 2014 which required further learning.

I have also have UK MSc degree which is accredited for further learning for CEng, but in my case it doesn't work as my Bachelors is IEng only.

in the MSA booklet it says,

All Honours degrees accredited from the intake year of 1999 are eligible for recognition via the Sydney Accord. Applicants with ordinary Bachelor degrees and no further learning will be required to submit a Competency Demonstration Report for assessment.

My Question is, in order to get the Professional Engineer Title Should I apply through Sydney Accord pathway or CDR pathway.

Your response is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Hi,

I have a UK Bachelors degree BEng (Hons), intake 2012 which is accredited for IEng only, unfortunately it is accredited for CEng from intake 2014 which required further learning.

I have also have UK MSc degree which is accredited for further learning for CEng, but in my case it doesn't work as my Bachelors is IEng only.

in the MSA booklet it says,

All Honours degrees accredited from the intake year of 1999 are eligible for recognition via the Sydney Accord. Applicants with ordinary Bachelor degrees and no further learning will be required to submit a Competency Demonstration Report for assessment.

My Question is, in order to get the Professional Engineer Title Should I apply through Sydney Accord pathway or CDR pathway.

Your response is appreciated.

Thanks
If you go to my website pinoyau.com and use the contact form I shall have a look at your case, if you wish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts