Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Jake, me an my Partner are looking for an opportunity to gain a Visa to move to Australia, Hopefully Sydney. I have Family in Sydney currently and was wanting the move to live closer to them.

I am a fully qualified Asbestos Surveyor/Consultant and I know that companies do hire UK citizens but can be very difficult to find them Employers.

I am coming to this forum to ask if anybody knows easy ways to find the Employers that will take on UK Citizens and if anybody has any contacts for me. I have a CV/Resume if requested.

I look forward to hearing your replies :)

Many Thanks

Jake

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
What visa do you plan on coming over to Australia on?

There is no easy way to find employers who will take on a UK citizen and you will have a lot of trouble if you don't already have a visa allowing you to work and aren't in Australia- very few people manage to find jobs before landing. Especially in the current climate!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for the Reply,

we are looking to apply for a Subclass 457 or 187. so your advice is to gain a visa on my own and fly over to look for a job?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
That's generally the much better path for most migrants. Most employers will want to hire someone who can already legally work here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.