Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My fiancé lives in NSW, I live in the UK. I have many options open to me, so I'm going to be completely honest and ask which way to go.

We would like to get married as soon as humanly possible. I'm gong for a visit in May, and we are "talking" about then for a very small wedding.

Can I do that in a tourist visa? I already have the relevant info for a wedding, and my beau is making enquiries there, but as I'll only be visiting for three weeks, I'd really like only to get an eVisitor or tourist visa. I have no intention of staying there this visit so don't need the option to work.

I have an uncle and aunt who also live in NSW. And many, many cousins. Should I go on a family visa?

This will be my first trip to Oz.

I don't want to move over there for at least five years, so I know the thought of us being married may be bizarre, but it just feels right for where we are at the moment. We are both single parents and would like our own children to continue their education where they are now. My son also is subject to a court order, and I can't emigrate until he's 18 unless I give him up, and I'm not dong that! When he's old enough though, he can make his own decision to come or to stay.

One final point. I have a much older daughter who is now 23. But when she was 18, she was a nightmare, and we had a fight one day and I ended u p slapping her once across the cheek... She pressed charges, and took me to court. I had to pay court costs but got a conditional discharge. is this going to affect my chances of ever living in Oz? By the time I am ready to go, almost nine years will have passed.

Obviously, I am planning to live there permanently with my fiancé if I can. So what would be the best way to proceed, and can we get married in May is my biggest question.

A million thanks, I've read through loads of your threads and learned so much already.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi

Hi all,

My fiancé lives in NSW, I live in the UK. I have many options open to me, so I'm going to be completely honest and ask which way to go.

We would like to get married as soon as humanly possible. I'm gong for a visit in May, and we are "talking" about then for a very small wedding.

Can I do that in a tourist visa? I already have the relevant info for a wedding, and my beau is making enquiries there, but as I'll only be visiting for three weeks, I'd really like only to get an eVisitor or tourist visa. I have no intention of staying there this visit so don't need the option to work.

I have an uncle and aunt who also live in NSW. And many, many cousins. Should I go on a family visa?

This will be my first trip to Oz.

I don't want to move over there for at least five years, so I know the thought of us being married may be bizarre, but it just feels right for where we are at the moment. We are both single parents and would like our own children to continue their education where they are now. My son also is subject to a court order, and I can't emigrate until he's 18 unless I give him up, and I'm not dong that! When he's old enough though, he can make his own decision to come or to stay.

One final point. I have a much older daughter who is now 23. But when she was 18, she was a nightmare, and we had a fight one day and I ended u p slapping her once across the cheek... She pressed charges, and took me to court. I had to pay court costs but got a conditional discharge. is this going to affect my chances of ever living in Oz? By the time I am ready to go, almost nine years will have passed.

Obviously, I am planning to live there permanently with my fiancé if I can. So what would be the best way to proceed, and can we get married in May is my biggest question.

A million thanks, I've read through loads of your threads and learned so much already.
Hi

Should you need a mara agent to assist your papers to make sure evrything ok.As you know the migration law is complex and if your case is complicated and you are not confident to do it on your own,maybe better get professional advise.Let me know if you need one,I know a good agent in Australia.Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.