Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just looking on some information on moving out to Australia on the 189 Visa.

My partner is a fully qualified electrician in the UK and wants to move from London to Brisbane on a 189 visa for "Electrician (General) 341111"

We have both spent time in Australia, (Me for 2 years, her for 1 year on a WHV)

My main questions are,

Should we hire an immigration lawyer/agent?
Am I good to be on her application? (I don't have any qualifications)
What are the chances of us being accepted/rejected? (its a lot of money for a what'if)

I'm sure I have a lot more questions, just can't think of them right now.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Hello all, just looking on some information on moving out to Australia on the 189 Visa.

My partner is a fully qualified electrician in the UK and wants to move from London to Brisbane on a 189 visa for "Electrician (General) 341111"

We have both spent time in Australia, (Me for 2 years, her for 1 year on a WHV)

My main questions are,

Should we hire an immigration lawyer/agent?
Am I good to be on her application? (I don't have any qualifications)
What are the chances of us being accepted/rejected? (its a lot of money for a what'if)

I'm sure I have a lot more questions, just can't think of them right now.

Thanks in advance :)
- You don't need a lawyer. If you want someone to assist you with your application, you should look for a Registered Migration Agent (RMA). Whether you need one depends on how much effort you want to put into ensuring you produce the best application. There is a lot of work to do in a skilled visa application and many people prefer to hire an expert professional to assist them. Others have made a successful application without assistance. As you say, it's a lot of money and only you know your comfort level.

- If you are her de facto partner, you can be included on her application.

- Impossible to say based on what you have written. If she meets the skills, and all other, requirements then they should grant the visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.