Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the labour market is like in Oz at the moment.

I am an HR professional and can gain Australian accreditation quite easily. Does anyone have any advice on recruitment agencies to go to to try and start getting a job in anticipation of the big move from the UK.

Going to be putting in the application for the visa with all the evidence in the next couple of weeks, I am hoping this will only take about 9 months. any updates on UK application processing times would also be appreciated.

I did see a thread in here for a UK application saying it only took 6 weeks due to their organised application, fingers crossed this will happen, but definitely not banking on it

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
I did see a thread in here for a UK application saying it only took 6 weeks due to their organised application, fingers crossed this will happen, but definitely not banking on it
A few Offshore 309 Grants from UK applicants in 2018.
309 Granted 19 Feb 2018 after 6 weeks
309 Granted 14 Feb 2018 after 3 months
309 Granted 30 Jan 2018 after 3 months
309 Granted 20 Jan 2018 after 2 months
309 Granted 18 Jan 2018 after 7 months
309 Granted 18 Jan 2018 after 2 months
309 Granted 17 Jan 2018 after 5 months
309 Granted 17 Jan 2018 after 4 months
309 Granted 9 Jan 2018 after 6 months
309 Granted 8 Jan 2018 after 4 months
309 Granted 5 Jan 2018 after 6 weeks
309 Granted 3 Jan 2018 after 4 months

It varies a bit, but 3-4 months looking common.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Would you be applying as a partner of an Aussie or do you mean a Work Holiday Visa.
First step would be to find out the type of Visa you might need to work there.

Curious as to the type of Australian accreditation you are referring to - Certified Human Resource Professional?

UK is typically seeing a quick turn around for Partner stream Visa's at present (based on Posts on this forum). :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. its really bouyed us up seeing the shorter than expected turnaround times of the applications, just need to make sure its as easy to read a logically sorted as possible.

i am applying as a partner as my wife is australian, i have already used up my WHV about 10 years ago when i was there.

We will be applying for the 309/100 as we will be applying offshore

The accreditation is AHRI, they have a reciprocal agreement with the UK chartered body CIPD, just need to submit my CV and certificate and pay my subscription to them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
thanks for the info. its really bouyed us up seeing the shorter than expected turnaround times of the applications, just need to make sure its as easy to read a logically sorted as possible.

i am applying as a partner as my wife is australian, i have already used up my WHV about 10 years ago when i was there.

We will be applying for the 309/100 as we will be applying offshore

The accreditation is AHRI, they have a reciprocal agreement with the UK chartered body CIPD, just need to submit my CV and certificate and pay my subscription to them.
That is amazing!
The list from the London Embassy will definitely serve you well for average approvals based on participants on this forum applying for a 309/100 from the UK

Wish you the best with your application and grant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.