Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just had an enquiry about my Bachelor's degree. Currently, I have graduated with an Ordinary 3 year degree in Mechanical Engineering from Heriot Watt University. After leaving, I found out that the institution is recognized but the degree I have is not, only the Honours 4 year degree is.

What I wanted to know is what I can do about this now. From what I can see, since I'm a fresh graduate with no experience, my best bet is to wait till I turn 25 and apply based on a CDR report for the degree, IELTS and age factor. But I wanted to know if going through the CDR with my degree will give me a positive result or not. If not, I will have to look to either go back to University or if I look for a Masters program that is accredited, would that exempt me from doing the CDR and give me the 15 points straight up?

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You will be considered as an Engineering Technologist because of your three-year degree. You will get 15 points for your degree. The number of points you can get will depend on your level of English. You will need to check whether your degree is accredited under the Sydney Accord. If it is you won't need to do a CDR.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.