Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I started a thread. :D

Just poking around and was reading about the subclass 445 visa, naturally it got me to thinking and thinking often leads me to asking questions.

From what I can gather the s/c 445 is for dependent children (under 18) whose biological parent, or step-parent holds a valid s/c 309 or 820 visa. The s/c 445 must be applied for before a decision is made on the parent or step-parent's permanent visa being decided.

Once the s/c 445 has been granted, the s/c 445 holder has to apply for a permanent visa by completing Form 1002 - Application by a subclass 445 dependent child for a permanent partner visa before a decision is made on the parent or step-parents permanent visa being decided.

There is one cost and that is for the s/c 445, not the permanent visa. Do I have all that right?

I'm not going to bother looking into the checklist as of yet, it's a ways away still, but I figured I would do a little homework in the meantime.

Thanks for reading. If you have gone through this process and have any advice, stories or thoughts, please feel free to share.

RMA's - if any read this, I am happy to be corrected on any of the incorrect information that I have posted.

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello to all, I think everything you say is rght.My boy who is 21 years old has this visa.He's been in Australia for two years and half I've been around for five years.
What is bad about his visa is if he wants to do a school to TAFE,he has to pay as well as international students,even for an English course...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I started a thread. :D

Just poking around and was reading about the subclass 445 visa, naturally it got me to thinking and thinking often leads me to asking questions.

From what I can gather the s/c 445 is for dependent children (under 18) whose biological parent, or step-parent holds a valid s/c 309 or 820 visa. The s/c 445 must be applied for before a decision is made on the parent or step-parent's permanent visa being decided.

Once the s/c 445 has been granted, the s/c 445 holder has to apply for a permanent visa by completing Form 1002 - Application by a subclass 445 dependent child for a permanent partner visa before a decision is made on the parent or step-parents permanent visa being decided.

There is one cost and that is for the s/c 445, not the permanent visa. Do I have all that right?

I'm not going to bother looking into the checklist as of yet, it's a ways away still, but I figured I would do a little homework in the meantime.

Thanks for reading. If you have gone through this process and have any advice, stories or thoughts, please feel free to share.

RMA's - if any read this, I am happy to be corrected on any of the incorrect information that I have posted.

Thanks.
Hi Eh?, i just stumbled upon this thread while trying to search for more info on sc445. From what i gathered from the DOHA website, what you've mentioned sounds about right :)

However, I was looking into the possibility of adding a child that is over 21 years old, (not having any kind of disability tho, but financially dependent on the 820 applicant and the partner). What may be the chances?

Any feedback is highly appreciated, thank you :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.