Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My situation is a bit complicated and as it is unexpected, I'm in a more dreadful condition!! Hope, anyone would be able to help, please.

My situation: I'm on a student visa (500) until Nov 2019. But, unexpectedly, now going to be a lapsed student within 3 weeks (need 1/2 months more to submit my thesis), meaning that once I'm on the lapsed candidature (by 4 weeks), within 35 days my student visa will be canceled. However, I'm already on a 'de facto partnership visa' and working with the Uni on a casual basis and I can't stop the work (financial reason and also on a contract) now.

My questions: How can I still keep LEGALLY working during my de facto visa and/or lapsed candidature. I know that applying for the bridging visa E (BVE) usually provides the 'legal work permit' within 2-3 weeks soon it is applied. My QUERIES are,

i) Can I still keep continuing working during the time the BVE is going to allow my work permit?
ii) What should I do to AVOID the 'legal work status', please?
iii) Can I apply for the BVE work permit immediately I'm declared a 'lapsed candidature' and keep working?

Thanks so much. I DO appreciate your kind help!
Kindest regards,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.