Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

I am the Aussie half of our relationship, getting ready to file 309/100 for my partner soon. But we have a bit of a unique situation coming up and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

A little background: We have been living in Malaysia for the past 7 years as my partner works for a company here on a work visa (which has to be renewed every year...we have no permanent visa here but we are legal residents). We are about to fulfil a dream of ours in that we're buying a sailing catamaran and are going to proceed to live on it full time, sailing the globe. (We're starting our own company that can be operated remotely). Once it all happens, we're getting on the boat and sailing away, at least until his partner visa is granted, when we'll sail it home.

(What can I say? I'm a retired sailor that's been stuck on land far too long! LOL)

It means we will no longer have legal residence here and have no physical address..anywhere, for that matter. So should we just apply here before we leave? Or is it acceptable to just use his parents address in his home country? (Is that even legal since we won't actually be there?). Or does it even matter much now that the entire process is done online? Our business is being registered in his home country until we are able to move to Australia, upon which time we'll register it there as well.

Tried looking everywhere to find information regarding this but not having much luck. We plan on hiring an RMA but thought I'd kill our curiosity in the meantime.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.