Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..I went for my Meds the other day, and adivsed on urine check that it had high sugar levels! they redid the test and came higher (not helped im sure by the fact i was panicking as never suspected diabetes 2 or high sugar problems).

now my worry is that i´m trying to get visa via state sponsor,i have priority 2 trade ...could this be me stumbled at the final hurdle prehaps as i have read that diabetes may mean visa rejected!!

I have already submitted police checks as requested by CO and advised done medicals...

what do people reckon ... are my dreams of the Aus life shattered? ahhhhh!:confused:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I have not read of diabetes being something that will by itself it see a visa application rejected on medical grounds for both D#1 &#2 are fairly prevalent in western societies, the latter becoming increasingly more so as years of bad dieting or whatever can catch up with people.
It is treatable at moderate cost and even reversible in some people with good dietary and exercise habits, so unless there are other medical issues they see, you may not have a problem.
Just get yourself to your GP and get on to a course of tablets or whatever if you have not already done so.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.