Australia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WARNING LONG POST LOL...

Hi Everyone! Just got my 820 Granted on Jan 4th. Best news ever before entering into a new year. Just a back story of my situation. If i can do it, yous can too 💙.

I know there's someone out there in my situation, hopefully my story situation can encourage you.

Dec 2009- 18yrs old arrived in Aus on a 3 month tourist visa.

March 2010- With my home country government being corrupt and family members advice i applied for protection visa since that was the only visa u can apply for if you came on a tourist visa.

April 2011- Protection visa application got denied and was asked to leave Australia.

April 2011- started staying in Australia unlawfully.

2014 - started messaging on fb with now husband. (Still an unlawful citizen)

April 2015- met my now husband in person after a whole year of chatting.

March 2015- moved in together.

Jan 2020- Got married ( still living in Australia undocumented)

*Called around lawyers and agents if there was anything that can be done with my situation coz I'm still illegal. They all advised NO! Just because we're married won't help and we don't have a child/children together.

March 2020 - Covid 19 pandamic. Found out we were expecting our first child.

Excited and panicking i called around lawyers for advice same lawyers again advised now that nothing can be done until i give birth. Some would try but it'll be very expensive. One very famous lawyer, won't mention lol quoted me a hefty bill of $15,000. Imagine paying that and hospital bills, especially when giving birth as a private patient.

June 2020: Now 3months pregnant going on scans and blood test paying cash,my husband encouraged me to work on my papers coz i was sooo scared. What if i get caught n got sent back.
•Started with the first step, mailed application for bridging Visa E ( BVE). This visa let's unlawful citizens stay lawful while they make arrangements to leave, finalise Immigration matters,etc. I remember just hanging around the mall and scared to go home incase Immigration would bust in the doors while my husband was at work.
•Got a call from immi 3 days later, since i was due on December 2020 i was told to leave Australia on Jan 2021. Given 7 months bridging visa E (no work, no study and no travel of course).

July 2020: Applied for a waiver. Since i arrived in Aus on a tourist visa i applied for a waiver to apply for any other visa (Partner Visa).

November 2020: Explained my situation to hospital, paid $4000 deposit to hospital for giving birth in December. Total cost was $10,000.

November 2020: WAIVER APPROVED! •Applied for partner visa, got confirmation of application received. Applied for Medicare on the same day.
• Next day Got our $4000 deposit back from the hospital coz i showed them my paper interim Medicare Card i was given from Centerlink.
• A day after applying for partner visa got email from immi to do medical. Booked medical with Bupa on Jan 2021.

• A week after applying they emailed and said my application was invalid. I did not meet section 48 because since arriving in Australia on a substantive visa, I've had a visa refused or cancelled. BUT in some circumstances it can we waived, i was given 2 working day's to upload 2 forms 888 and form 40SP. Luckily they e-mailed me on Wednesday afternoon so i had Thursday,friday and whole weekend till Monday morning before 8am to upload everything.

December 2020: got a call i don't have to leave on January 2021 🎉, i can stay till a result from from my partner visa, got full rights to work and study.
• Gave birth.

Jan 2021: Medical with Bupa.

April 2021: Was asked to upload Our Son's Birth certificate and police clearance from home country and Australia. Uploaded both my Husband's and i.

July 2021: S56 request to renew passport.

September 2022: Found out we were expecting a baby again.

December 2021: Called immi general enquiries line they told me to fill out form 929 for change of passport details and email it.
•The whole time i recognised there was a yellow flag finally pressed the option where everything is uploaded after all this time.

The whole year i kept uploading photos and documents of our son meeting family members or just selfies of my husband,son and i lol.

January 4th 2022 : PARTNER VISA 820 GRANTED.

If i can do it without lawyers and agents you can too. I'm not a migration agent nor do I hold a law degree. The only thing they want is for us to be truthful to them i guess. In my application i wrote lengthy letters and apologized on why i selfishly decided to stay illegally and my relationship with my husband who paid for everything as i wasn't working..

Happy New year's and best of luck guys !!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know how was your feelings, congrats! so so happy for you. The past was tough, but the future will be surrounded by lots of happiness. Congrats again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for posting this it’s very reassuring. I’m so concerned about my partner visa being approved, have been on a bridging visa for about 4 years because I didn’t realise I couldn’t apply for a new visa while on a bridging visa on a 2 year wait, I applied for 820 visa while waiting for my nz family member visa to be renewed (was lawful in the country just switching to a different visa to meet my visa conditions). I was very honest and have lots of evidence and have had the s56 request for more information months ago so hopefully I hear back soon! Thanks again for sharing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for posting this it’s very reassuring. I’m so concerned about my partner visa being approved, have been on a bridging visa for about 4 years because I didn’t realise I couldn’t apply for a new visa while on a bridging visa on a 2 year wait, I applied for 820 visa while waiting for my nz family member visa to be renewed (was lawful in the country just switching to a different visa to meet my visa conditions). I was very honest and have lots of evidence and have had the s56 request for more information months ago so hopefully I hear back soon! Thanks again for sharing.
Aaah that's amazing that you've been getting s56 request, let's you know you're application is processing. Atleast you've been on a bridging visa all this time. I was only legal when i had the bridging visa on March 2020 till Jan 2022 with a 820. Yours should be way smoother. All the best darling, hoping yours is approved sooner..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts