Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just submitted my partner visa 820 application and the payment has been received, so I'm now ready to start uploading documents.

The 'recommended' categories displayed would actually result in me uploading a lot of documents two or three times. For example, I can put our lease agreement under 'Address - residential, evidence of', but also under 'Couple are living together, evidence of', or even under 'Nature of the couple's household, evidence of'.

Or our statutory declarations illustrate all four required aspects (household, financial, social, commitment), some of the form 888 declarations illustrate both the household and social aspects... Or our joint bank statements, some household bills also fall under several categories... you get my point.

So I've just spent a few hours making an excel sheet with all my documents and the categories I want to submit them under, and all in all I would be submitting 56 documents (with duplicates counted twice). That should leave me enough to keep submitting stuff in the next 20-25 months as needed, right? Or should I avoid submitting duplicates at all? I'd rather make it as easy for the case officer as possible, so I'm thinking it might be useful to have a statement from friends under several categories so it's obvious that it illustrates all those points?

There isn't even a category for the social or financial aspects of the relationship (but there is one for the nature of the household or of the commitment - go figure), so I'm going to classify that under 'relationship - spouse, de facto partner, evidence of' since that one has a lot of document types that I could use, and then I think I'll just put in the description that it's to illustrate the social or financial aspects.

I hope this is all right... any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
1. Don't upload duplicates even if they can go under multiple categories. Just pick one.

2. Give it a day or two and the other two categories should show up. If not, it doesn't matter. Just upload them under another relevant one or choose "other".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, will do.

For whoever's interested, I did upload a duplicate (same phone bill under applicant to prove nature of household and under sponsor to show living at address) and it actually shows the filename ending in _1.pdf in one of the cases, so to me that confirms that once is enough :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
1. Don't upload duplicates even if they can go under multiple categories. Just pick one.
This. We were tempted, but found ways to upload meaningful evidence in each category. For example, we didn't use our lease in the address, evidence of group, we used it in length of de facto relationship, evidence of, along with a common-law stat dec.

For address, evidence of, my wife used two pieces of government issued mail. One from her arrival in Canada and one piece that was dated closer to our application date. I did the same. It's from the government, so we figured it would hold some weight to it.

2. Give it a day or two and the other two categories should show up. If not, it doesn't matter. Just upload them under another relevant one or choose "other".
This is true too. If you upload it, they will get it, just name the files properly.

There isn't even a category for the social or financial aspects of the relationship (but there is one for the nature of the household or of the commitment - go figure), so I'm going to classify that under 'relationship - spouse, de facto partner, evidence of' since that one has a lot of document types that I could use, and then I think I'll just put in the description that it's to illustrate the social or financial aspects.
It will show up, sooner or later. But as Sky said, if you upload it, they will get it. Personally, I waited and only because I organized ours around the categories I knew were there. For example, social aspects, we broke it down into four different uploads. The reason behind that was mainly the file size, it was over 5MB and to break down what would have otherwise been a wall of text and pictures. So we made four groups - Social events (concerts, hockey games etc), family events (wedding, birthdays, Christmas, easter), joint travel and joint memberships.

Reactions: AlexC
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.