Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

For majority of my relationship requirement documents (for Prospective Marriage Visa), I used Microsoft Powerpoint (since I personally found that it is way easier to use in terms of positioning photos and texts compared to Word).

I saved them in PDF format, and they are all waayyy over the 5MB limit.

I have heard that there are programs and websites that can be used to compress the file size in order to reduce it and make it adhere to the limit..

However Im just worried if it will affect the quality and not make it readable.

Please let me know how you handled this?
If you've used size compressor websites/programs, how did it go? any suggestions? advice?

THANK YOU SOO SO MUCH!!! :)

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Maybe try Word?

If your documents are exceeding the limit by that much, they're probably too large anyway. Consider breaking it down into a few more. That or the dpi on your scanner settings is too high. You can go as low as 900 (according to immigration) but I found the quality to be terrible and it wasn't necessary to go that low.

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
You can use this website to make it smaller: https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf

However because it is a website I would not use it for things like bank statements.

The other option is to split the files. I always made mine about 4.90MB because I had one once that was 4.99MB and the immi account said it was over 5MB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.