Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I might have answered this myself, but thought I'd check anyways.

Our partner visa was granted the day after I updated the department we were now married. In the update I said that I would upload the marriage certificate once it arrived.

I just logged on to have a little look and it doesn't appear that I can upload the marriage certificate through my application. However, my wife's still says submitted (I know it stays like that) so should I upload the marriage certificate there? I said I would upload it and I aim to do that, I don't want to gum something up because I didn't upload it.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It wasn't necessary for your grant so I would say uploading it is irrelevant. Think about it, are they going to go back and check on an application already finalized? There's nothing more to do with it.

Save it for the 2nd stage and upload it then.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't necessary for your grant so I would say uploading it is irrelevant. Think about it, are they going to go back and check on an application already finalized? There's nothing more to do with it.

Save it for the 2nd stage and upload it then.
Yeah, good call. I briefly thought about that too. Question for you Sky with regards to changing your last name after marriage, if you did, did you find it difficult to do in Australia?

My wife can't change her name in Canada, has to wait until we've landed.

Reactions: HRose313

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
I might not be the best person to ask as I'm doing it in the way not recommended lol.

But your wife is the sponsor so her name change has nothing to do with a visa.

In Australia, it's as simple as just showing the marriage certificate to whatever organization. So things like mygov (Medicare, Tax office, etc) were in my maiden name and after marriage I just uploaded my marriage certificate and they changed my name.

Not sure if it makes a difference that the marriage certificate is Australian or not but there is definitely no hassling with the court or anything like that to use a married name.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey Eh? (and others too). This is a thread I posted a while back regarding changing name after marriage.

Of course, every case and scenario is different - and my fiance is the applicant (not the sponsor), and is from Germany - but there are still some interesting discussions and posts from reputable members (such as CCMS) regarding the name change process and also during partner visa applications.

Worth a read as there are some interesting points.

http://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php#/topics/264658?page=1

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Eh? (and others too). This is a thread I posted a while back regarding changing name after marriage.

Of course, every case and scenario is different - and my fiance is the applicant (not the sponsor), and is from Germany - but there are still some interesting discussions and posts from reputable members (such as CCMS) regarding the name change process and also during partner visa applications.

Worth a read as there are some interesting points.

http://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php#/topics/264658?page=1
Excellent. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.