Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my partner is currently on a bridging Visa subclass WA / 010 his Visa doesn't allow for travel so we applied for him to get bridging Visa b so he can travel with me overseas to meet my family. his imigration agent applied for him through online last month on the 26th of March 2018. We purchased plane tickets already to depart on 23rd April 2018. We still have not got a response from immigration whether his bridging Visa has been granted or denied, and its causing lots of inconvenience for us because he also has to apply for an e-Visa to the country we are going and although we were told it will only take 4 days to process that e-visa to get the Visa for him to enter the other country his Australian bridging Visa that allows him to travel has to be granted first. How long do the bridging Visa b usually take to process? is there a way we can get things moving quicker? who can I contact to fix this issue and explain our situation to because already we have booked flights last month and he still has another Visa he has to apply for wich he can't get until the bridging Visa b is granted and we don't have much time left!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Ring immigration tomorrow and ask them. From what I know they grant BVB 2 weeks or less before they fly out. I have seen BVB's granted 2 days before someone is due to fly out.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
his imigration agent applied for him through online last month on the 26th of March 2018.

is there a way we can get things moving quicker?

who can I contact to fix this issue and explain our situation
BVB's usually only take a few days. Since your migration agent has applied for the visa, it is their job to chase it up.

Reactions: Mish

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What country is it that is requiring him to have a BVB from Australia before being able to apply for a visa?
Malaysia....his current Visa doesn't allow travel that's why we applied for bvb and according to the Malaysian lady on the phone he needs the bvb approved first. I don't know why coz we also plan to go to indonesia and when we went to apply for Visa at the Indonesian consulate they granted it to him even though his bvb hasn't been approved yet.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Malaysia....his current Visa doesn't allow travel that's why we applied for bvb and according to the Malaysian lady on the phone he needs the bvb approved first. I don't know why coz we also plan to go to indonesia and when we went to apply for Visa at the Indonesian consulate they granted it to him even though his bvb hasn't been approved yet.
Each country has their own rules. My husband has a passport where we always need to apply for visa's for him. Europe always ask for the VEVO to show her current visa and it must be valid for 3 months (I think it could be 6 I can't remember) after leaving the EU region and shows he can return to Australia.

Another country we went to he didn't even need to show what visa he held in Australia.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I don't quite understand why you are looking for answers on a public forum, when you have a migration agent. I presume you are paying them for the services they provide ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Each country has their own rules. My husband has a passport where we always need to apply for visa's for him. Europe always ask for the VEVO to show her current visa and it must be valid for 3 months (I think it could be 6 I can't remember) after leaving the EU region and shows he can return to Australia.

Another country we went to he didn't even need to show what visa he held in Australia.
Hi Mish, do you know if we can use Bridging visa B (doesn't have expire date) to apply for Schengen visa? I need to go to Germany for exchange study program this July, but my Australian visa is expiring soon. I plan to apply for Bridging B to use that to apply for Schengen visa because if I wait for my new Australian visa to be granted, i would miss my study program.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Hi Mish, do you know if we can use Bridging visa B (doesn't have expire date) to apply for Schengen visa? I need to go to Germany for exchange study program this July, but my Australian visa is expiring soon. I plan to apply for Bridging B to use that to apply for Schengen visa because if I wait for my new Australian visa to be granted, i would miss my study program.
You will need to have the BVB first and they require at least 3 months on the visa after you leave the schengen region.

I will warn you that dealing with the German embassy in Australia (especially Brisbane) is not easy, the are very hard core and strict! We had applied through Italy the year before when we went to Italy and dealing with the German one was the painful. A friend of mine had also dealt with them for her husband and had told me how awful it was.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You will need to have the BVB first and they require at least 3 months on the visa after you leave the schengen region.

I will warn you that dealing with the German embassy in Australia (especially Brisbane) is not easy, the are very hard core and strict! We had applied through Italy the year before when we went to Italy and dealing with the German one was the painful. A friend of mine had also dealt with them for her husband and had told me how awful it was.
German Embassy doesn't do visa anymore, they pass it to Austrian Embassy, and Austrian Embassy pass it to VFS Global :)) I hope I could apply for BVB with 4.5 months (as I stay at Germany for 1.5 months). I have education reason, so fingers crossed they will grant me at least 4.5 months. Thanks for the reply. Have a nice one :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.