Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My student visa is currently processing after receiving the eCOE from a fully funded PhD programme.

The thing is today, after almost two weeks of applying for the student visa, I have received an offer from another fully paid PhD programme, but from a higher ranked department and where my supervisor is much more well-known.

I asked DIBP if I could do anything via an email but was simply told to upload the eCOE and the cover letter, a set of instructions which I found a bit ambiguous. My question is if I ask to be released from the former programme and submit the eCOE from the new uni. would it affect the visa decision? Also do I need to apply for a new visa (and do biometrics and health again) if I decide to go forward with it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You dont have to apply for another visa, you can upload the new COE and a powerful Statement of Purpose. If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Thanks for the reply. Any clue whether I can hold two eCOEs at once? I have to accept the offer from the second university before they issue me the confirmation but not sure when to inform the first university that I won't be continuing with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Sam,

I would like to apologies for the late response, got side tracked with work. Assuming that you currently hold an Australian Student Visa and have a CoE from 1 university... You cannot hold 2 CoE for the similar level of course.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contat me.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi Sam,

I would like to apologies for the late response, got side tracked with work. Assuming that you currently hold an Australian Student Visa and have a CoE from 1 university... You cannot hold 2 CoE for the similar level of course.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contat me.
Just looking at your username, are you an RMA?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.