Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I arrived from overseas yesterday to find the locks changed and a liquidating company in the office. The company went into liquidation 2 days ago.

My partner and I have a 457 with 1 year left and understand i have 90 days to try and get another company to continue this sponsorship.

However, we are in the middle of PR sponsorship through the 186 stream. The company nomination was approved and we've completed medicals and submitted my application last March. The company has paid for it all.

Is there anything that can be done to still allow this PR Visa be processed? Would a migration Lawyer help?

Has anyone been in this situation? What was your experience? Did you manage to get it resolved?

Obviously i'm panicking a bit ATM and any urgent help would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi Anthony,

It's a criteria of the visa that the position must still be available. If the case officer receives no notification of the liquidation and not much time has passed since the application was made, the DIBP may consider the criteria satisfied without further enquiry.

Extremely important to note though that you have a legal requirement to notify the DIBP that the offer of employment no longer exists, so the above is a bit of a moot point.

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Adam's really great, too, so you can assume his advice above is spot on. He just hasn't been around much lately so didn't immediately pop to mind (sorry, Adam!).

Sorry OP... doesn't look like good news. :( That's why I always worry when people come over on 457s with plans to stay permanently. We've seen too many companies let people go (even a week after they got here!) or shut down.

You may want to look into whether you might qualify for a skilled visa on your own.

Reactions: Dinkum

·
Registered
509 Posts
Adam's really great, too, so you can assume his advice above is spot on. He just hasn't been around much lately so didn't immediately pop to mind (sorry, Adam!).
Haha, no worries. Been a hectic time recently so not about as much.

I'd still contact Mark and Nick though, I daresay they've more experience than me in this area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.