Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to extend my mum’s tourist visa as I still need my mum to help take care of my first baby and I am still recovering from labour until now. We found out that there is 8503 (no further stay) condition attached in the visa. Therefore we have to submit all documents to waive this condition first. The immigration officer said it will take around 5 workings days.

We have submitted the documents requested last Wednesday, however, we haven’t heard anything from immigration until now (it has been past 5 days). Her visa expired 23 April, while her return flight on next Monday, 18 April. I have tried to extend the flight till her visa expired but due to Easter holiday, all flight is fully booked. I am very stressful because of this condition as I really want my mum to stay but we still don’t know whether it is approved or not to extend her visa.

- Any suggestion what the best thing we could do?
- Is it okay to contact/call immigration about this case? (I didn’t receive any receipt when submitting the document). We afraid to make call/contact will make the process more slow. However, we need to get confirmation whether ok/not before her return flight.
- What should we do if my mum has to fly back before we heard anything from immigration?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am planning to extend my mum's tourist visa as I still need my mum to help take care of my first baby and I am still recovering from labour until now. We found out that there is 8503 (no further stay) condition attached in the visa. Therefore we have to submit all documents to waive this condition first. The immigration officer said it will take around 5 workings days.

We have submitted the documents requested last Wednesday, however, we haven't heard anything from immigration until now (it has been past 5 days). Her visa expired 23 April, while her return flight on next Monday, 18 April. I have tried to extend the flight till her visa expired but due to Easter holiday, all flight is fully booked. I am very stressful because of this condition as I really want my mum to stay but we still don't know whether it is approved or not to extend her visa.

- Any suggestion what the best thing we could do?
- Is it okay to contact/call immigration about this case? (I didn't receive any receipt when submitting the document). We afraid to make call/contact will make the process more slow. However, we need to get confirmation whether ok/not before her return flight.
- What should we do if my mum has to fly back before we heard anything from immigration?
I strongly suggest you call DIAC... There is no reason to be hesitant in calling them.. they will have the answers your are looking for!!! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi fly,
could you please update us on what has happened with the application as I'm on the same grounds. Could you also please let us know under what grounds you requested the department to waive off 8503 condition and what supporting documents you submiutted in this regard. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
In order to apply for a Ministerial Waiver of the 8503 condition you need to establish that there are compassionate circumstances and major changes beyond your control that justify the removal of the no further stay condition.

If all you after is a few extra days then you can just become unlawful. Provided you don't overstay more than 28 days you might not be penalised. Stay beyond 28 days and you fall into the black books and will find it difficult to secure a visa in the future.

You can not apply for a visa "other then a protection visa" whilst subject to a 8503 condition. Refer to Section 41 and 46 of the Migration Act.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.