Australia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Nee URGENT information from you guys...

My wife and I are permanent residents of Australia. We live in Australia from 2019.
Since my wife is pregnant now and we are expecting our baby in September 2020,
I want to invite my mother-in-law and father-in-law to Australia to take care of my wife and baby.
Since we are planning to apply for a family-sponsored visa (subclass 600), I am planning to apply through my wife (Since I am not eligible to sponsor in-laws).
In that case, what are the documents she has to upload? Since my wife is not working and earning, can I use my bank statement as proof of fund?

NB: Due to the COVID-19 situation here in Australia, what are the chances to apply for a compelling and compassionate reason?

Anoop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Nee URGENT information from you guys...

My wife and I are permanent residents of Australia. We live in Australia from 2019.
Since my wife is pregnant now and we are expecting our baby in September 2020,
I want to invite my mother-in-law and father-in-law to Australia to take care of my wife and baby.
Since we are planning to apply for a family-sponsored visa (subclass 600), I am planning to apply through my wife (Since I am not eligible to sponsor in-laws).
In that case, what are the documents she has to upload? Since my wife is not working and earning, can I use my bank statement as proof of fund?

NB: Due to the COVID-19 situation here in Australia, what are the chances to apply for a compelling and compassionate reason?

Anoop
According to home affairs website, parents in law are not considered direct relatives, and they clearly wrote there" you should not apply for any visa now". My mother cant even come here to visit me even she got her visitor visa approved before the virus outbreak.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
I think the chances of any family sponsored tourist visa being granted at the moment are zero. Unless there are serious complications, I doubt that having a baby would be considered as a compassionate or compelling reason to travel to Australia.

Reactions: anoopc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to home affairs website, parents in law are not considered direct relatives, and they clearly wrote there" you should not apply for any visa now". My mother cant even come here to visit me even she got her visitor visa approved before the virus outbreak.
I agree that I cannot sponsor in-laws, so it (sponsorship) should be from my wife?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree that I cannot sponsor in-laws, so it (sponsorship) should be from my wife?
No, not even your wife can sponsor any visitor visa now:

You are only considered to be an immediate family member if you are:

a spouse
a de facto partner
a dependent child/ren
a legal guardian.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
No, not even your wife can sponsor any visitor visa now:

You are only considered to be an immediate family member if you are:

a spouse
a de facto partner
a dependent child/ren
a legal guardian.
That's list is related to something else. A sponsor can be:

partner, parent or child
brother or sister
grandparent or grandchild
aunt or uncle
niece or nephew
the step equivalent of the above

A sponsor can't be a:

fiance
in-law
cousin
friend
New Zealand citizen

As Nick has said, there's virtually zero possibility of your in-laws getting a visitor visa at the moment and even if they did, they likely wouldn't be allowed to enter the country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts