Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hye frnds,
I need help, I applied 489 family sponsored visa and included my mum as Non-migrating dependent, not realizing that she is not dependent on me. Now case officer is asking about her docs, medical and police clearance.
My question is that if I provide him with these docs, would that gonna affect my application as well or not ??
should I give them notification of incorrect information ??

please its urgent.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What was the reason behind of you putting your mother as a non-migrating dependent? Also, is there a problem in sourcing her documents?

If the latter is the case and your mother is well supported, you can inform your CO about your error and fill out 1023 form for correction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
help

What was the reason behind of you putting your mother as a non-migrating dependent? Also, is there a problem in sourcing her documents?

If the latter is the case and your mother is well supported, you can inform your CO about your error and fill out 1023 form for correction.
Actually I just saw non migrating and put my mums name did not read dependent. No problem in providing the docs but I'm just scared that what if CO refuses my visa on that thing.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
The CO shouldn't refuse your visa. It's probably happened before. Just let the CO know it was a mistake, as suggested above.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I'd submit the form 1023 and advise the CO that it was a mistake including her in the application.

I know some aspects of visas are fail one/fail all, such as the medical check. I'm not sure if failing the dependent status would result in your entire visa being refused.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys,

Please advice us on our issue.

I hold 489 visa and now we applied for Subsequent entrant 489 visa for my wife. That is for family reunion. During application process we included my mother-in-law as a non migrating dependent family member. She passed medical check and police clearance. Documents were sent to CO.

And now CO asked for dependency evidence. Here what we have:

1. Mother-in-law is single (She never married)
2. My wife is the only child of her
3. She works at the moment but earns only 160 USD a month, which is not enough to live.
4. We support her financially. I can provide money tranfers from bank
5. She does not have a house. She lives alone in her mothers house.
6. She has mother, brother and sister. Her mother is old and lives with her brother.

So here are the questions:

1. Is the above information makes her dependent on us? Does it reflect on wife's visa if CO considers evidence as not enough?
2. Is it worth to prove it or just withdraw her application? Anyway she is not migrating now.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If you really want to include her in your application, I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent. The fact that she doesn't live with you and that he earns an income (regardless of how small it may seem) would make it difficult to convince DIBP that she's fully dependent on you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.