Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgent help- problem with Migration Agent!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JenL 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I have an urgent issue that i need to resolve quickly.....basically, i appointed a Migration Agent to help me lodge my visa (Child Offshore 101) (they are genuine as my parents used their service 4 years ago)............. but it is taking them ages to lodge my application because they think i haven't paid for one of the installments for their service (which i have, and i have receipts!!).

I paid the first installment in Sept 2010, by telegraphic transfer, and the second (last) installment in Feb 2011, by Credit Card online. The problem seems to be with the first installment, as it appears, in their accounts department, that this is still unpaid for, according to the Migration Agent.

I have to be a student when the application is lodged for me to be eligible for the visa, as im over 18 years, but i graduate in less than 3 weeks!!!! I have explained my concerns to the Migration Agent that the visa needs to be lodged asap, but i feel like i am repeating myself that i have paid BOTH installments AND have receipts for them both (of which i have explained to them).

So, my question is- As they are taking forever to sort it out (and i am losing hope now) am i better off lodging the application myself here in England, at the London office (as i have all the necessary documents) so that it is lodged on time (i.e in the next 2 weeks)? Am i allowed to do this on my own if i have a Migration Agent helping me already?

I really need some advice on this. I don't mind paying to lodge the application myself, just so long that the visa gets lodged on time!! But i need to know whether i am allowed to lodge it myself if i have already appointed a Migration Agent.? I also believe that they are breaching the Code of Conduct, as i have done everything i can do, and provided them with receipts.....

:confused::mad:

Jennifer

See less See more
#2 ·
If you want to lodge yourself, you would have to fill in a form to say that immigration should contact you in regard to the application, and not your assigned agent. The forms are on the DIAC or embassy site.

Maybe you should call ahead and ask what to do before launcing into it.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply!

I found a form earlier on the DIAC website that i think might be the one, named- 'Appointment or withdrawal of an authorised recipient' Form 956A. The only concern i have about this is that i need a signature from the 'authorised recipient' to confirm that they understand that they are no longer acting as authorised recipient. I believe this may take some time, as the Migration Agent's office is based in Perth, and i only have less than 3 weeks to get everything sorted to lodge it myself. But i guess if that is my last resort, il have to work something out!

I will give the Australian High Commision (UK) a call on Monday for further advice.

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

#5 ·
Yep! Iv uploaded my receipts for them, but there is still an issue! I guess i now need to go to my bank and check that the details i gave them for the Telegraphic Transfer payment were correct (i.e. BSB no. SWIFT code, etc!) The account number is defo correct, but the BSB and SWIFT code doesn't appear on the receipt.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.