Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up until last Saturday I was on a 457 with an approved nomination for the 186(TRS), I unfortunately and tragically did not realise the 457 had expired till this past Monday, so I've lost the 186 visa, I feel like such a fool.

Worst yet, my employer let their sponsorship lapse and they're waiting for the application to be finalized. Else we'd apply for the 186DE. I am a web developer with 6 years experience.

I presented myself to Home Affairs that Tuesday and was issued a Bridging Visa E with condition 85012, Depart Australia on specified date. That date is the 13th March. On the positive side of that, I was unlawful for only 2 days but that doesn't seem to count for much. Neither does my history in Australia it seems.

I have lived in Australia for 9 years, my Bachelor's degree was done here and all my relatives are Australian citizens residing here. I've never been back to SA either, my life is here.

The real issue I have is that I have a 2 year old daughter who is Australian by birth. I separated from her father beginning of Jan and we have a signed parenting plan stating I am the principal carer.

I want to apply for the 835 remaining relative but want to know if anybody has done that recently? Also, how can I get that condition removed ASAP.

I have a sponsor, I fit the criteria of the visa as stated in the migration act of 1994, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing because I don't have a lot of time and I'm terrified of being away from my girl and going to a country I no longer have support or family ties to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Up until last Saturday I was on a 457 with an approved nomination for the 186(TRS), I unfortunately and tragically did not realise the 457 had expired till this past Monday, so I've lost the 186 visa, I feel like such a fool.

Worst yet, my employer let their sponsorship lapse and they're waiting for the application to be finalized. Else we'd apply for the 186DE. I am a web developer with 6 years experience.

I presented myself to Home Affairs that Tuesday and was issued a Bridging Visa E with condition 85012, Depart Australia on specified date. That date is the 13th March. On the positive side of that, I was unlawful for only 2 days but that doesn't seem to count for much. Neither does my history in Australia it seems.

I have lived in Australia for 9 years, my Bachelor's degree was done here and all my relatives are Australian citizens residing here. I've never been back to SA either, my life is here.

The real issue I have is that I have a 2 year old daughter who is Australian by birth. I separated from her father beginning of Jan and we have a signed parenting plan stating I am the principal carer.

I want to apply for the 835 remaining relative but want to know if anybody has done that recently? Also, how can I get that condition removed ASAP.

I have a sponsor, I fit the criteria of the visa as stated in the migration act of 1994, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing because I don't have a lot of time and I'm terrified of being away from my girl and going to a country I no longer have support or family ties to.
This sounds like something you should speak to a RMA about, not the general public. May I suggest looking through the "sticky" thread at the top of the forum and selecting one of the qualified RMA's to help you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First off, thank you for taking the time to respond, and I will be reposting this to an rma thread ASAP. I just feel like it’s hopeless, every day that goes by is a day closer to my worst fear which is being seperated from my family andreturned to a country I have nothing left in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
First off, thank you for taking the time to respond, and I will be reposting this to an rma thread ASAP. I just feel like it's hopeless, every day that goes by is a day closer to my worst fear which is being seperated from my family andreturned to a country I have nothing left in.
I would suggest you should contact an RMA by email and tell them your situation in detail and pay for a consultation. This sounds quite tricky and would be best left off a public forum.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,950 Posts
There is no condition 85012. Did you mean 8512?

There might not be an elegant solution to your problem.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you replying, I’ve contacted Boccabella, he is a barrister based in Brisbane and advised a few strategies. He said the 835 would be a good insurance policy but also advised applying for several tourist visas. Another option was offshore application but that leaves my daughter without my care.

My mother said she is going to get Fragoman lawyers to submit an application to have the 8512(you were correct) removed and possibly get the time extended.

Can you recommend any rmas? I have funds but not unlimited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,950 Posts
Thank you replying, I've contacted Boccabella, he is a barrister based in Brisbane and advised a few strategies. He said the 835 would be a good insurance policy but also advised applying for several tourist visas. Another option was offshore application but that leaves my daughter without my care.

My mother said she is going to get Fragoman lawyers to submit an application to have the 8512(you were correct) removed and possibly get the time extended.

Can you recommend any rmas? I have funds but not unlimited.
I know who Boccabella and Fragoman are, best of luck! If you are represented, I shalll not comment further.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fragoman went a far as us receiving a quote for a lot of money, Boccabella is willing to talk to us on Monday and will then draft options for us, he has insinuated that we do have the potential for a positive outcome. As far as official representation goes, there is not one yet.

I read through the criteria for the 835 as stated in the migration regulations of 1994, and along with the migration act of 1958, it looks like I am eligible to apply for it. I also satisfy schedule 3 criterion 3002(I might have that number wrong).

I want to send the application by courier ASAP and at the same time submit in person the form 1005, with all the 835 docs and additional Evidence, to get conditions 8511 & 8512 waivered. Then at least I can extend the bridging visa time in order to wait for the 835 application onshore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
One of the 2 firms you mentioned has some extremely bad reviews. The other after 35 years migration experience has no reviews! I did see some of the fees and I think you will find the first quote actually will be a lesser amount than what you will get Monday.

It seems your Monday appointment will start with a " Ok lets look into this for your, we will require $2,200 to open a file". (but the page wont open fully).

I have been on this forum for years and have seen many of Westly's posts, to me I would take his inclusion of the words "best of luck" as a slight warning.

I have noticed RMA's don't rely on luck, so any time they use the word proceed with caution is advisable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
I think you would have been informed at time of the Bridging Visa E grant that it has no work rights. You can apply for work rights.

Also (I am not an RMA or even close) I believe there is a path for you to get a positive outcome. The problem is you have several layers of issues and they will need to be carefully navigated to find the best of what will be a very painful path.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,950 Posts
I have been on this forum for years and have seem many of Westly's posts, to me I would take his inclusion of the words "best of luck" as a slight warning.
Anything stronger than that might be construed as defamatory.

Any of the RMAs who post on this forum would be a good choice.

If the OP is not represented, she can go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form and I shall undertake a free preliminary assessment, if she wishes. There are not many agents who stick it up the department of racialism mostly to amuse themselves. I shall first have to retrieve the rabbit from under the house before the dog eats it alive. I have more concern for the rabbit than the minister does for the OP or her child.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
Bvdberg, it might be wise to take up Westly's kind offer.

I am also pretty sure his hour rate will not be $605 either.

FYI :- Westly's migration agent number says he was first registered in 2003, the first two digits indicate this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for your kind offer of the assessment, I’m compiling documentation for that 835 in the meantime just in case.

I’m based in Melbourne but will go to your website as soon as possible and submit a contact form. I saw you’re in NSW, I hope that isn’t an issue.

We were recommended Boccabella by another MRA who my mom has gone through successfully before so that’s why we haven’t looked into his reviews, we trust the people we choose to ask for guidance. However, if I should be concerned then I’d rather someone let me know now before I waste any time.

Thank you all once again, i do appreciate the input and it’s honestly helped lessen the feeling of isolation and hopelessness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,023 Posts
I used a RMA that is in Melbourne or Sydney when we were in Darwin and Ukraine, so it is no issue.

You seem to have a bit of a complicated case, so choose your advisor very care fully.

I have seen several posts on this forum ask about several migration agents and firms in the past, so it is not against the rules.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top