Australia Forum banner

Urgent Issue | Bridging Visa E & applying for Remaining Relative 835

4641 Views 14 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  ampk
Up until last Saturday I was on a 457 with an approved nomination for the 186(TRS), I unfortunately and tragically did not realise the 457 had expired till this past Monday, so I've lost the 186 visa, I feel like such a fool.

Worst yet, my employer let their sponsorship lapse and they're waiting for the application to be finalized. Else we'd apply for the 186DE. I am a web developer with 6 years experience.

I presented myself to Home Affairs that Tuesday and was issued a Bridging Visa E with condition 85012, Depart Australia on specified date. That date is the 13th March. On the positive side of that, I was unlawful for only 2 days but that doesn't seem to count for much. Neither does my history in Australia it seems.

I have lived in Australia for 9 years, my Bachelor's degree was done here and all my relatives are Australian citizens residing here. I've never been back to SA either, my life is here.

The real issue I have is that I have a 2 year old daughter who is Australian by birth. I separated from her father beginning of Jan and we have a signed parenting plan stating I am the principal carer.

I want to apply for the 835 remaining relative but want to know if anybody has done that recently? Also, how can I get that condition removed ASAP.

I have a sponsor, I fit the criteria of the visa as stated in the migration act of 1994, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing because I don't have a lot of time and I'm terrified of being away from my girl and going to a country I no longer have support or family ties to.
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
There is no condition 85012. Did you mean 8512?

There might not be an elegant solution to your problem.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about possible strategies?
Thank you replying, I've contacted Boccabella, he is a barrister based in Brisbane and advised a few strategies. He said the 835 would be a good insurance policy but also advised applying for several tourist visas. Another option was offshore application but that leaves my daughter without my care.

My mother said she is going to get Fragoman lawyers to submit an application to have the 8512(you were correct) removed and possibly get the time extended.

Can you recommend any rmas? I have funds but not unlimited.
I know who Boccabella and Fragoman are, best of luck! If you are represented, I shalll not comment further.
I have been on this forum for years and have seem many of Westly's posts, to me I would take his inclusion of the words "best of luck" as a slight warning.
Anything stronger than that might be construed as defamatory.

Any of the RMAs who post on this forum would be a good choice.

If the OP is not represented, she can go to my website: and use the contact form and I shall undertake a free preliminary assessment, if she wishes. There are not many agents who stick it up the department of racialism mostly to amuse themselves. I shall first have to retrieve the rabbit from under the house before the dog eats it alive. I have more concern for the rabbit than the minister does for the OP or her child.
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 15 Posts
Not open for further replies.