Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right after my graduation, I applied for PR in Dec 2012. I was offered job by an Australian org in education industry in my home country and have been working in that org since Feb 2013.

My PR was grant on 3/5/2013 and the travel rights would be expired on 3/5/2018.
Through out all these years, I went back to Australia 3 times, each time last 10 days to 2 weeks. I went back for job interview, receiving award etc.
My last trip was in Feb for a job interview and I finally got the offer (same area as my current job). In my position, I also promote Australian education, cultural aspects, and join Australian chamber of commerce and many even related to Australia.

I lodged my application for Residents return visa RV (155) on 13 March 2018.
I received the job offer on 27/3/2018. I would commence the job on 4 June 2018.

My issue now is after more than 45 days, the status of my application is still "Received".

With this profile, could you please help me know whether the "Australian tie" is strong enough ?

Should I just ignore the expired date and continue to wait until the result comes out OR

Should I quit my job suddenly and fly immediately ( to fulfill requirement of entering Australia before 3/5/2018) to Australia and wait their until the result comes out ? (it's kind of having slim chance since I can make excuse of having sick leave for maximum 1 week. With this option, I would not know when the outcome would be released still.

I have contacted via email to the residents return, so far no personal email returned to me yet.

Hope to receive your response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definitely do that if I work in other industries different from education. I am in charge of the course and I could not simply leave like in other types of job. I contacted the department today via 131881 hotline number but lady I talked to answered me with very general answers which basically all I have known. I don’t know why it’s so messy like this! I have accepted the job in Melbourne. I also spared out 2 months to apply instead of only 1 week like in my god-brother’s case. Very frustrated that all the plan seems to be screwed up. if the answer is a rejection, at least I would know what I should do next but in the current state, I am not sure whether my evidence for the Australian tie is strong enough and I should just take the risk of letting the travel facility in my current PR expired!?

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
As Maggie-May says, the safest option would be to return before your visa expires and wait it out here. This gives you more options should the RRV not be granted.

No one can tell you for sure whether your application was strong enough until it is decided by the Department.

Paul Hand
MARN 1801974

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Maggie-May says, the safest option would be to return before your visa expires and wait it out here. This gives you more options should the RRV not be granted.

No one can tell you for sure whether your application was strong enough until it is decided by the Department.

Paul Hand
MARN 1801974
Thank you Maggie-May and Paul for your reply. In the case that I decided to wait outside of Australia and later receive RRV 155 visa granted after the expired date of visa 190, what is the status of my visa between the expired date (3/5/2018) until the date I entered Australia via RRV. Will these period of time counted in my application for citizenship ?

Will my PR status be cancelled after 3/5/2018 ?

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Thank you Maggie-May and Paul for your reply. In the case that I decided to wait outside of Australia and later receive RRV 155 visa granted after the expired date of visa 190, what is the status of my visa between the expired date (3/5/2018) until the date I entered Australia via RRV. Will these period of time counted in my application for citizenship ?

Will my PR status be cancelled after 3/5/2018 ?
If you are offshore when the travel authority on your visa expires, your PR status is not "cancelled", rather it expires and you become a former permanent resident. This is your status until you are granted another permanent visa.

Under current rules this would reset the 12 month PR requirement for citizenship; if the Government gets its changes through this will likely reset the whole 4 year residency period.

Paul Hand
MARN 1801974

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.