Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, what is the visa from which I can claim 5 points from my sister who is citizen in Australia and living in Melbourne. I want to apply for a skilled visa , have enough experience and relevant qualification but not sure from which visa type I can get those 5 points from.

I already have a job and work only 15 kilometres from Melbourne CBD.

I also live 30 kms from CBD

so in order to apply for a visa from which I can get those 5 points from. will I need to live in a low population area ?

does my sister also have to be living in a low population area in order to provide me 5 points ?

Am I eligible for 489 or 189 visa?

please tell me all the options.

thanks

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Can I ask how you know you have enough experience and relevant qualifications - but know what visa type they count towards?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ampk

I am Telecommunications engineer working since 3.5 years in Australia on this position with a Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering from Australia.

so what visa should i select in order to gain those 5 points from my sponsor?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gained my experience first and after 3 years i received Diploma of Telecommunications Engineering.

will the experience be counted if i received the diploma later? or the work experience have to be gained after the qualification ?

or it wont be a problem?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
It actually calls for "skilled employment" so I would say it is after you have documentation of a skill.

You best consult a RMA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.