Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urgently need help with Prospective Marriage Visa

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  junelee 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

First of all I would like to say thank you for wanting to help me.

My name is June, an Indonesian citizen and I am currently in Australia on a working holiday visa. My partner is Australian citizen by birth, and we are planning to get married somewhere in 2016. My visa expires in March 2015 so after I get back home, I would like to apply for a prospective marriage visa and marry my partner.

I read through all the informations and booklet online, however I am still confused about some aspects as in :

1. Which one is recommended, applying directly via the Visa Application Centre or online via ImmiAccount?

2. My partner and I are in a genuine, loving relationship and meet all of the criteria, except for "documents of your sponsor employment" that is in the document checklist for PMV visa. My partner is a university student, ever since he graduated high school he studied and currently taking his second major, and he will graduate December 2015. During that, he helped his family business, but was never formally paid. Therefore, he does not have any kind of two years work experience, etc. Does this means our application will be rejected?

We both are financially stable and has quite enough money in our joint back account, and on our personal account as well. We do fulfil every single criteria except for this particular point. I also am educated, and have an excellent work history, and I speak 4 languages so will the government be convinced that I do not have to rely on my partner financially as I am able to support myself? Because if we are waiting for this particular point, it means I have to marry my partner in 2018, and that is 3 years of Long Distance Relationship, which we totally try to avoid.

Many thanks once again and I do sincerely hope if any of you has information on this, or has experienced this, please do share it with me.

Best Regards

June

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Selamat datang, mbak June (Welcome, June!)

I am a fairly new member here, but I've come across the answers to your question in this forum before, so I'll provide you the links or summary answers. I am sure senior forum members will also jump in to give you further advice.

1. Which one is recommended, applying directly via the Visa Application Centre or online via ImmiAccount?
I've read that there are some embassies in certain countries where paper applications are either preferred by the embassy or are better for the applicant. But otherwise, the consensus seems to be online applications are easier and preferred by applicants, and that DIBP prefers this for their workflow. The following thread has some discussion about applying online versus paper for the 820 Partner Visa, which is what you and your partner will apply for after you've married. This thread should still be useful for determining whether to apply online or by paper for your PMV:
http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...-online-application-vs-paper-application.html

2. ... My partner is a university student, ever since he graduated high school he studied and currently taking his second major, and he will graduate December 2015. During that, he helped his family business, but was never formally paid. Therefore, he does not have any kind of two years work experience, etc. Does this means our application will be rejected?...We both are financially stable and has quite enough money in our joint back account, and on our personal account as well.
I believe Mark, the Migration Agent who answers questions via a dedicated thread 'Ask Mark', has answered this before. Here is an older thread with a fairly recent response on this topic: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/20574-proof-income-partner-visa.html Your partner is not required to show proof of income as a sponsor. It used to be the case that sponsors needed to show proof of income, but is not so now. It also helps that he is an Australian citizen rather than a permanent resident. If you are concerned about it, you could provide information about funds available in your joint bank account, as well as asking one of your partner's relatives to write a declaration saying they are willing to help support you during your first two years in Australia should you and your partner come into any difficulties.

I hope that helps!

Salam hangat (warm regards),
GadoGadoGal

P.S. I'm providing translation of the Indonesian as we're technically only supposed to use English here. I don't want anyone to think they're missing something with the greetings, ya? :)

Reactions: Becky26 and Mimose
#4 ·
Selamat datang, mbak June (Welcome, June!)

I am a fairly new member here, but I've come across the answers to your question in this forum before, so I'll provide you the links or summary answers. I am sure senior forum members will also jump in to give you further advice.

I've read that there are some embassies in certain countries where paper applications are either preferred by the embassy or are better for the applicant. But otherwise, the consensus seems to be online applications are easier and preferred by applicants, and that DIBP prefers this for their workflow. The following thread has some discussion about applying online versus paper for the 820 Partner Visa, which is what you and your partner will apply for after you've married. This thread should still be useful for determining whether to apply online or by paper for your PMV:

I believe Mark, the Migration Agent who answers questions via a dedicated thread 'Ask Mark', has answered this before. Here is an older thread with a fairly recent response on this topic: Your partner is not required to show proof of income as a sponsor. It used to be the case that sponsors needed to show proof of income, but is not so now. It also helps that he is an Australian citizen rather than a permanent resident. If you are concerned about it, you could provide information about funds available in your joint bank account, as well as asking one of your partner's relatives to write a declaration saying they are willing to help support you during your first two years in Australia should you and your partner come into any difficulties.

I hope that helps!

Salam hangat (warm regards),
GadoGadoGal

P.S. I'm providing translation of the Indonesian as we're technically only supposed to use English here. I don't want anyone to think they're missing something with the greetings, ya? :)
Hi mbak Gadogadogal,

Thank you very much for the reply. I found it really helpful. I also started to browse in other thread, so once again thank you very much for your time and kindness. Have a good day.

Regards

June

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.