Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm new here but just wanna see if any one has any tips for us..:rolleyes:

My partner and I are both looking for work in Perth, we have finished our regional work and just need 6 weeks work until we go home and come back on our 2nd visa.

I can not for the life of me find anything :mad: and I mean anything :mad:. I will scrub urinals with a toothbrush if I have to just to save a bit before we go home.

I have over 5 years medical admin/secretarial work and have some aus experience also. Partner has 8 years glazing experience at home and over 6 months fabrication experience in Perth.
Every day the same crap: log on to gumtree, seek, west jobs, hays and check paper twice a week for jobs. Apply for literally 10-30 jobs a day and then it might take 2-3 weeks before you hear anything.

We are fed up and I needed to have a bit of a rant because at the moment we are staying in a grotty little room in a house full of Chinese, no jobs and depressed looking faces. We will have to sell the car and consider not coming back for a second year if things don't pick up for us.

Back to original question, anyone know of any class of jobs going around Perth for a few weeks for 1 or 2 Irish people before we give up for good?:confused:
Cheers :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.