Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently filling out my 820 visa. Under the identity document section I am trying to add my US birth certificate but am not sure what it means by identification number. On my birth certificate there is something that says Local File No. but it just says 109-. There is also a red number on the back on the certificate. Other than that there are no numbers. Not sure if it matters, but it is a certified copy of my birth certificate with a raised seal. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that doesn't sound right. Maybe they made a mistake, as even the certified copy issued from the state that I have has that number.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I've never had an issue using my birth certificate for anything, and it was used to get my current visa (work and holiday). I am currently looking into getting another copy, in hopes that it will have the number. I've also been trying to contact the state for any information as to why the number is not there, but have not heard anything as of yet. Thanks for all of your help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to make an update, ordered a new birth certificate from vita check and it has the file number! Yay! But, unfortunatly they made a typo, and spelt my father's name Richrd, instead of Richard....so frustrating since it's correct on the other cert I have. Do you think this matters? Or should I see if they can correct it? I really don't want to pay for another one.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Just wanted to make an update, ordered a new birth certificate from vita check and it has the file number! Yay! But, unfortunatly they made a typo, and spelt my father's name Richrd, instead of Richard....so frustrating since it's correct on the other cert I have. Do you think this matters? Or should I see if they can correct it? I really don't want to pay for another one.
If the error is on their side, then you shouldn't have to pay for another one. I would contact them about it.

Yeah, I would definitely get one that has all the correct information. In your visa application you have to list your father's name and it seems like less effort to have the correct birth certificate now and in the long run rather than constantly have to explain the difference in information, imo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.