Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm in the process of gathering paperwork for a partner visa with my de facto partner. We went to see a migration agent this morning with everything we had gotten together so far, and regardless of the work we've already put into organising the portfolio, the agent will still charge is $3200 to submit on our behalf.

If anyone has any advice, words of wisdom or would just like to give me their opinion on whether its worth using an agent or not I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks,
Kayjay

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
Hi Kayjay -

For many people who research the requirements for their visa thoroughly, there is no need for an agent - just do a careful job and do your homework. Others find value in having an agent put together the package and handle the forms as a different perspective often helps, especially in family and relationship visas - an agent may be more able to evaluate your case objectively (and from a newcomer's point of view as a DIAC case officer would) and tell you where your application is strong or not so strong.

A third option you might consider asking any agents about that you talk to is having the agent do a "review only" service - this assumes you complete the DIAC forms and assemble the relationship evidence and statements, then scan and send the pkg to an agent to go over carefully and get you a detailed report of notes and suggestions based on the agent's knowledge and experience. You can often save a lot of money with this option (for example, our full service partner visa preparation package is $3500 but our Visa Application Review Service is $495) and still get the perspective and input of someone who does these for a living.

Best of luck with your visa package, and please advise if I can assist in any way going forward.

Best,

Mark Northam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark,

I appreciate the advice, would you be able to Send me your contact details so I might give you a call to discuss further?

Regards,

Kayjay

·
Super Moderator
9,748 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.