Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Cambodian citizen and used to live in the UK for 6 years as a student (A-level to Master Degree) and recently back to my home country(Cambodia) .
I started an online application using immiAccount and now get stuck in this section:

Visits to other countries: Give details of the visits to another country where the stay was for more than 3 consecutive months in the last 5 years (not including your usual country of residence or Australia).

So my question is:
-Does the UK in this context count as "usual country of residence"?

-If the answer is yes, I don't need to list it as visited country. However, in the online visa application, it is required that I have put down at least one country and I've never stayed in another country for more than 3 months.

-If the answer is no, then I need to put the UK as visited county, but the start date is only as far back as 1-Jan-2012. Where, I first entered the UK is 2011.

I am not sure what to do, please help.

Note:
In later part of the application, there is also a similar question:

Countries of residence: Provide details of all countries in which you, your spouse/de facto partner or dependents (accompanying or not) have lived for 12 months or more (since turning 16) during the last 10 years. The 12 month period of residence may be made up of a number of shorter periods. You must account for every year.

So the question for this section is:
Is my home country count as "Country of residence"?

Thanks,

·
Registered
918 Posts
My understanding is the "usual country of residence" is where you are residing now.

You were in the UK but are you only on holiday in Cambodia now and plan to go back to the UK shortly? If so then yes, UK is your usual country of residence.

If you plan on staying in Cambodia for 6+ months and don't plan to go back to the UK then I would say your usual country of residence is Cambodia.

But the UK would still count as a country resided in/lived in for more than 12 months.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.