Australia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
i have applied for 485 visa on 2020 and my application referred to VACCU on june 2021. It’s been 14 months now I’m waiting to hear back from vaccu and 2 years now applied for 485. I have charged for 3 domestic violence offences on 2020 and received “fine with no conviction recorded” from magistrate court.

Could anyone please let me know how likely my application will be successful and how i need to wait for?

i really scrared to contact the vaccu and it’s been a pain for almost 2 years waiting for the outcome. I learned from my mistakes and regretting now how my actions went like this.

Please help me. Any advice will be much appreciated. Please don’t ignore this message after reading, if you know anything about this or from your friends please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is just to give you hope and also some advice. I am a new zealander who was sentenced to 7 years imprisonment for manufacture meth, I spent 5 years in jail and have been out 12 years with no more criminal convictions. I have just recently been granted by 3rd 2 year visitor visa for Australia. In regards to advice you say you were fined with no criminal record for domestic violence therefore there was no need for you to disclose that on your visa application, VACCU is only concerned about people who have been subject to 1 or more years imprisonment and don't contact VACCU they are no help at all

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Silly,

thanks for your reply.
For applying 485 visa i have to submit AFP check and it cames with the charges and mentioning result as “fined $1500 with no conviction recorded “. So i have to explain why i got this. When i applied for 485 visa , i granted Bridging visa A and that visa got cancelled due to my offences and i got my visa back from AAT. After few months i got an email from the department mentioning that my application is forwarded to vaccu.
If I’m not disclosing it, then it will become false document/ information issue right. So I thought of being frank with the application.
Has your application went through vaccu?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Brooke,

I'm in a situation also. I have applied for a PR190 visa which has been lodged. while i was waiting i thought i would apply for a 651-holiday visa then bridge. however, my migration agent told me i had to declare criminal convictions.

I did not declare these on my 2 prior trips to Australia as i read it was only if your convictions were sentenced to 12 months or more, which mine are not. I do however have a few convictions. drink driving, drunk & disorderly, shop theft and conspire to pervert criminal justice (Lying on a insurance form). none of these carried a substantial sentence and i've never been to prison.

My case has been with Vaccu since April 2022, I presented them with all the facts and lots of character references, I had a response asking why i didnt declare on my IPC so i had to explain my reasons behind that. These events are all over 10 years ago. I'm holding out hope. my daughter already lives in Australia with her mum. not seen her in 3 years now due to covid and now this issue. best of luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone please advise me that, can we go overseas while our application is with VACCU?

I’m currently waiting 15months with VACCU and 27months i have applied for my 485visa. I’m currently only Bridging visa A. Can i change it to Bridging visa B and travel overseas? Does that make any impact on application?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone please advise me that, can we go overseas while our application is with VACCU?

I’m currently waiting 15months with VACCU and 27months i have applied for my 485visa. I’m currently only Bridging visa A. Can i change it to Bridging visa B and travel overseas? Does that make any impact on application?

I went for 10th day holiday while on BVB and my case was with VACCU. During that time I did not know that my case was forwarded to VACCU until I made a follow up with immigration. In the letter I was advised by my case officer not to finalised any travel plans until VACCU has finalised the assessment. It’s been almost 13 months with VACCU now. I already booked a ticket to see my family on December 😔
My case was dismissed no conviction-contravene of IVO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for 10th day holiday while on BVB and my case was with VACCU. During that time I did not know that my case was forwarded to VACCU until I made a follow up with immigration. In the letter I was advised by my case officer not to finalised any travel plans until VACCU has finalised the assessment. It’s been almost 13 months with VACCU now. I already booked a ticket to see my family on December 😔
Thank you for your reply. If they granted me BVB and if i get a negative outcome from the VACCU, can i enter into Australia back with BVB?

I heard that we won’t get permission to appeal the decision if we are outside Australia. I’m

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for your reply. If they granted me BVB and if i get a negative outcome from the VACCU, can i enter into Australia back with BVB? I heard that we won’t get permission to appeal the decision if we are outside Australia. I’m
inimum of 12 months to process thats what the letter said. Im just getting hope from other stories. I have also stumble upon the below answer from this forum. I still feel don’t feel confident to leave the country while my case is with VACCu. Better safe than never. I will cancel my flight if i don’t get anything a week before I visit my family. ———————————————— Also, two important things 1. significant criminal record 2. registrable offence

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
inimum of 12 months to process thats what the letter said. Im just getting hope from other stories. I have also stumble upon the below answer from this forum. I still feel don’t feel confident to leave the country while my case is with VACCu. Better safe than never. I will cancel my flight if i don’t get anything a week before I visit my family. ———————————————— Also, two important things 1. significant criminal record 2. registrable offence
Thank you for that.

what is registrable offence??
Is my offences comes under registrable offence?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for that.

what is registrable offence??
Is my offences comes under registrable offence?
Drink driving is a criminal offence under section 67 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT. which does not fall under the schedule of registrable offences recorded in the register kept by police.
What I know is that bad character is if you you were sentenced or imprisoned for 1 year or more

In my opinion you should be okey.Your CO are just following procedures. Any records will have to be reviewed by VACCU before they progressed with the applications. Try to read others success stories to give you hope. Our patience and faith are tested during these time, We have just to wait as this is now beyond our control. I will let you know once i get a feedback with my application since it’s been almost 13 months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you Yarra . Much appreciated for that advice.

i have not been imprisoned. I just received a fine of $2000 with no conviction recorded and a DVO for 5 years which will end on 2025.

i will update you as well once i heard back from VACCU.
so i think travel overseas once this VACCU matter finished off right?

Drink driving is a criminal offence under section 67 OF THE ROAD TRAFFIC ACT. which does not fall under the schedule of registrable offences recorded in the register kept by police.
What I know is that bad character is if you you were sentenced or imprisoned for 1 year or more

In my opinion you should be okey.Your CO are just following procedures. Any records will have to be reviewed by VACCU before they progressed with the applications. Try to read others success stories to give you hope. Our patience and faith are tested during these time, We have just to wait as this is now beyond our control. I will let you know once i get a feedback with my application since it’s been almost 13 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,
i have applied for 485 visa on 2020 and my application referred to VACCU on june 2021. It’s been 14 months now I’m waiting to hear back from vaccu and 2 years now applied for 485. I have charged for 3 domestic violence offences on 2020 and received “fine with no conviction recorded” from magistrate court.

Could anyone please let me know how likely my application will be successful and how i need to wait for?

i really scrared to contact the vaccu and it’s been a pain for almost 2 years waiting for the outcome. I learned from my mistakes and regretting now how my actions went like this.

Please help me. Any advice will be much appreciated. Please don’t ignore this message after reading, if you know anything about this or from your friends please let me know.
Thanks
Hi,
My family is in similar situation with you.
My husband is main applicant.
He have applied for 186 DE visa on 2018
the application referred to Vaccu on Sep 2020
My hubby charged 1 domestic violence on 2017.

My child has gotten Australia citizenship on Feb 2022.We updated his citizenship but never get back any news from Vaccu.

We have send letter local MP to help us last few month. But MP told us he can't do anything.

If we can't get the grant of the visa until this year, we will go back to my country.
Totally stupid things ever!! My husband is fully skilled person and My child is born in Australia, He never missed swimming champion and academic achievement award at his school every year.
We are already good persons for Australia.
I know we need to be patience but we are exhauted in this situation.
I am sorry to tell you hopeful story.
If we get any feedback from Vaccu, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I have been charged with assault(aggravated) from the bar fight and I am fighting the charge.
I am ready to apply 190 but this regretful event happened while I was waiting for nomination.
So Should I apply 190 or wait for court outcome to apply?
If I lose the case or pleaded guilty, I might get a fine and a suspended sentence of a week or two or even a month. Will this fall under a substantial criminal record?
Any advice or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Yarra,
Have you got any response from VACCU?

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Brooke, No response as to yet. I am now planning to write a letter to the immigration - Exemption request. Exemption to travel while my case is with VACCU. Request not to finalised anything while I’m out of the country for 3 weeks. I will try my luck. I am desperate to see my family.
Thank you for the update. Can you let me know how it goes once you wrote a letter to the department? How did you went before while your case with VACCU? You did the same process like wrote letter to immigration- Exemption request?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts