Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you please explain this to me? So if I’m in Australia on visa 600 with ‘no further stay’ do I still get BVA? ‘It Can’t be that’

Can I apply for BVA while waiting for visa 309? I lodged my 309 while I was offshore.
M

·
Registered
46 Posts
Could you please explain this to me? So if I'm in Australia on visa 600 with 'no further stay' do I still get BVA? 'It Can't be that'

Can I apply for BVA while waiting for visa 309? I lodged my 309 while I was offshore.
M
No BVA for 309, that's for sure. 309 is a visa applied offshore which does not come with a BV. No matter what visa you are on, there is 100% No BVA with 309. 820 is the option for BVA but you have 8503 on your 600 which prevents you from doing onshore applications, and you already applied for 309. So I believe staying offshore waiting for your current 309 is your best/fastest option.

if you seek waive of 8503 (check with the registered MA here) and insist on going onshore with BVA, you may have to spend another $7000 dollars for starting over with an 820 application, and with no guarantee of the waive.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't make sense to me!!
Could you please explain this to me? So if I'm in Australia on visa 600 with 'no further stay' do I still get BVA? 'It Can't be that'

M
No BVA for 309, that's for sure. 309 is a visa applied offshore which does not come with a BV. No matter what visa you are on, there is 100% No BVA with 309. 820 is the option for BVA but you have 8503 on your 600 which prevents you from doing onshore applications, and you already applied for 309. So I believe staying offshore waiting for your current 309 is your best/fastest option.

if you seek waive of 8503 and insist on going BVA, you may have to spend another $7000 dollars. start over with an 820 and with no guarantee of the waive.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
It doesn't make sense to me!!
I only know 820/801 applicants are able to get a BVA, never heard of 309/100 comes with a BVA. you can check with Registered MA here, some of those register MAs have mentioned 'do not 100% rely on the information provided by DHA website, only to trust the migration regulations'

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts

M
No, you cannot. The BVA is only granted if you have validly lodged an application onshore, that can be granted onshore. You cannot apply for a BVA by itself and you will not be able to apply for another visa onshore, because of condition 8503.

·
Registered
796 Posts
You've already lodged the partner visa offshore the bit you pasted is if you are onshore and have applied for a partner visa.
Which you couldn't of done anyway due to the no further stay

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

M
No, you cannot. The BVA is only granted if you have validly lodged an application onshore, that can be granted onshore. You cannot apply for a BVA by itself and you will not be able to apply for another visa onshore, because of condition 8503.
Again if you apply onshore that would be 820( or you can choose to make that 309???- surely not) and this link says otherwise- obviously I'm missing something here-

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/309/current-visa-about-to-end.aspx

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Again if you apply onshore that would be 820( or you can choose to make that 309???- surely not) and this link says otherwise- obviously I'm missing something here-

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/309/current-visa-about-to-end.aspx
That link is incorrect. Clearly they meant 820.

Easiest way to tell... did you get a BVA grant along with the Acknowledgement of Application Received? The answer should be no.

Do you mind telling me what led you to that area of the site with incorrect info? The link takes me there but doesn't show how you found it.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you mind telling me what led you to that area of the site with incorrect info? The link takes me there but doesn't show how you found it.[/QUOTE]

I was having look at the DHA site and I'm not sure how I stumbled to that area of the sure.

This is such a misleading information- it has a real possibility to jeopardise so many people's application who don't consult with RMAs and rely on the page for the information and their interpretation of the information.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
This is such a misleading information- it has a real possibility to jeopardise so many people's application who don't consult with RMAs and rely on the page for the information and their interpretation of the information.
Yes, you are spot on and that's exactly what often happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.