Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am right now in india.My husband is in australia. We got married one year before.He got his visa i.e. VC 487 3 months before. As and when he got his visa i lodged my application to join him as spouse visa throgh an agent. Due to lake of knowledge of that agent my visa application is refused by australian high commission,new Delhi,resoning that as visa sub class for which i was applying for was temporary and no spouse visa is allowed. I have gone throgh the immigration site and searched that now he can add me as a family member in his visa. But duration it will take about one year. One option is there,that i can go on visitor visa while parallel i can apply for the visa. But i also want to work there as i am highly qualified so is there any alternatives,if yes then plz suggest.I am so much tensed.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The regulations do seem to have a variance with their wording for the 487 for on one hand they do say that a secondary applicant can be added to the 487 regardless of it being a temporary visa and the secondary applicant would also be TR, details @ Skilled - Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 487) .

It does seem a little odd as to include a secondary applicant in the 487 application, that is where the secondary applicant also needs to hold an eligible visa.

Nevertheless, I would think a querying of the Indian HC decision based on the above link may be in order.

If there is no success with that approach, you may want to get your husband to see if he can find any employer sponsorship opportunities for you and if so an employer sponsor visa could be processed reaonably quickly if all eligibility criteria are met.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.