Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very desperate for your help, please help.

I'm overseas at the moment and my 801 has been refused saying my evidences aren't enough.
What do I do now? What visa am I on now?
Can I come back into Australia asap to apply an appeal (aat) ?
How long do I get to appeal ?
What are my options please help.
Thanks in advance.
Jennifer

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
You may no longer have any visa now.

Your decision letter will state if the refusal is reviewable or not.

It is always risky to stay offshore for a sc. 801 decision, as you have to be in Australia to lodge an AAT appeal.

It may be quicker to lodge a new offshore partner visa application.

Best advice I can give you is to engage a registered migration agent to review your options.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ok thanks for your help anyway
Just an FYI - CCMS, the poster who gave you that advice, is a registered migration agent. So it might be worth considering his advice.

I don't think you will hear what you want to hear from anyone else. Sorry. Best bet is to speak to the agent who lodged your application and see if there's anything you can do from there.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ccms....You are no longer on any visa now.

Your decision letter......

Apparently I have 28 days to appeal . In those 28 days am I able to return to Australia and appeal from there?
Thanks heaps

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Apparently I have 28 days to appeal . In those 28 days am I able to return to Australia and appeal from there?
Thanks heaps
Only if you can be granted a tourist visa (or some other visa) to enter Australia. After a recent refusal a tourist visa has an extremely slim chance of being granted.

When a visa is refused onshore a person is granted a BVA (which comes with no travel rights and they need to apply for a BVB before they travel). When a visa is refused when the person is offshore the do not get granted a bridging visa as they are not in Australia. That is usually how it works.

If you can't get a visa to return to Australia on then you will need to submit a new application offshore for a 309/100 visa.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks heaps
Only if you can be granted a tourist visa (or some other visa) to enter Australia. After a recent refusal a tourist visa has an extremely slim chance of being granted.

When a visa is refused onshore a person is granted a BVA (which comes with no travel rights and they need to apply for a BVB before they travel). When a visa is refused when the person is offshore the do not get granted a bridging visa as they are not in Australia. That is usually how it works.

If you can't get a visa to return to Australia on then you will need to submit a new application offshore for a 309/100 visa.
Ok thanks mish . Much appreciate your help

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Looks like you have got a special access to it and uncommon knowledge.

Just mind your own business.no one has ask "mania come help me ".
Clearly, the link isn't working (which I've had an issue with before due to the parenthesis). Surely it would have taken you less time to type "VEVO" in the search bar on the immigration website than to type such a nasty response to someone who is trying to help explain things to you when you've asked for help in at least 10 different threads on here...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Apart from what's been said already, may I ask on which ground they thought the relationship wasn't genuine?

We haven't seen many 801 refused when the couple was still together after the 820, so it might be helpful for future applicants to not what to look out for

Good luck with the rest of the process, waiting for that 801 was so stressful already, I can't imagine what it's like to have it refused.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
There are many (an increasing percentage ) of 801s being refused.
I think many applicants still treat the stage 2 as a rubber stamp application instead of giving it the attentention it deserves.

Not much else you can say without knowing the specifics of the case, but everybody should be aware of the risks being associated with being offshore at decision time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apart from what's been said already, may I ask on which ground they thought the relationship wasn't genuine?

We haven't seen many 801 refused when the couple was still together after the 820, so it might be helpful for future applicants to not what to look out for

Good luck with the rest of the process, waiting for that 801 was so stressful already, I can't imagine what it's like to have it refused.
Hey helene
I haven't received my refusal letter yet being a weekend . I have contacted my agent and been informed that he will be forwading that emailing to me first thing monday tomorrow. I will keep you posted though.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Mania is far from stupid and has helped many on this forum.

Rather than confuse things Mania kept it simple and that comes across as blunt - many like yourself take offence to this method.

Now for your case - clearly you "need help" as you blew it and seem to have been refused.

I got great advice once and am happy to share it with you.

"Listen to everyone, you will learn something from the biggest of fools!"

You don't have to take Mania or anyone else's advice, but don't shovel shit when you need help.

Help, yep you need that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.