Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a UK citizen that has lived and worked in Adelaide, South Australia for the last two years on a sponsored 457 working visa, sponsored by my UK employer. Not wanting to return to the UK once my sponsored work here is finished, I am looking to apply for a Skilled Migrant Permanent Residency (subclass 189).

I work in the Construction Industry as a Building Services Commissioning Manager (the closest Skilled Occupation List role is Construction Project Manager - 133111). I have over 5 years experience in this role or similar based in the UK and in South Australia with UK companies.

My education extends to having gained both a Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering and Masters Degree in Mechanical & Automotive Engineering. Both degrees were obtained from a reputable University in the UK. I have certificates and transcripts for all.

Being an un-sponsored migrant applicant, I believe through my research I will need a skills assessment (by VETASSESS as applicable to my industry and qualifications) in order to express an interest in applying for the Skilled Migrant 189 visa as a foreign qualified applicant.

I am unsure as to which of the VETASSESS skills assessments to apply for and whether I need a FULL skills assessment (qualifications and work experience), or just a qualification assessment.

Can anybody kindly shed some light on this for me?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,

Lewis Shenton.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I am a UK citizen that has lived and worked in Adelaide, South Australia for the last two years on a sponsored 457 working visa, sponsored by my UK employer. Not wanting to return to the UK once my sponsored work here is finished, I am looking to apply for a Skilled Migrant Permanent Residency (subclass 189).

I work in the Construction Industry as a Building Services Commissioning Manager (the closest Skilled Occupation List role is Construction Project Manager - 133111). I have over 5 years experience in this role or similar based in the UK and in South Australia with UK companies.

My education extends to having gained both a Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering and Masters Degree in Mechanical & Automotive Engineering. Both degrees were obtained from a reputable University in the UK. I have certificates and transcripts for all.

Being an un-sponsored migrant applicant, I believe through my research I will need a skills assessment (by VETASSESS as applicable to my industry and qualifications) in order to express an interest in applying for the Skilled Migrant 189 visa as a foreign qualified applicant.

I am unsure as to which of the VETASSESS skills assessments to apply for and whether I need a FULL skills assessment (qualifications and work experience), or just a qualification assessment.

Can anybody kindly shed some light on this for me?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,

Lewis Shenton.
Good Day,

I have the Same Case as i'm holding a bachelor degree in Mechanical engineer and i need to apply for Construction Project Manager.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.