Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost ready to submit my partner visa application in China (where I currently reside with my wife).
Instead of getting a chunk of cash sent over to China, I think I can pay the fee in Melbourne.... either by BPay, or having my family pay the fee by cheque or in person.
Does that sound right?
Also, I can't find accurate info on the VFS site as to how to pay in Melbourne.
If anyone could enlighten me, I'd be very grateful.
Cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm almost ready to submit my partner visa application in China (where I currently reside with my wife).
Instead of getting a chunk of cash sent over to China, I think I can pay the fee in Melbourne.... either by BPay, or having my family pay the fee by cheque or in person.
Does that sound right?
Also, I can't find accurate info on the VFS site as to how to pay in Melbourne.
If anyone could enlighten me, I'd be very grateful.
Cheers
The link

Visa Application Charges

has this information:

Paying for a VAC overseas

All VACs are listed in AUD. If you are paying a VAC outside of Australia, payment will need to be made in the currency and method accepted by the Australian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate where the visa application is being lodged. These Australian Missions cannot receipt Australian currency.
See: Method of Payment Accepted at Australian Missions

The exchange rates used to calculate the VAC payable in a foreign country are updated on 1 January and 1 July each year. While the AUD amount of a VAC may not change at this time, the amount payable in a foreign currency will change in line with the exchange rate and this may increase or decrease the cost of a visa application made overseas.

The foreign currency rates are fixed for six months and apply to all visa applications received by the department on and after the day the exchange rate is changed.

Alternatively, you can arrange for a friend or associate to pay the VAC in AUD at any Australian office of the department. By doing this, you would avoid the effect of any foreign currency changes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The link

Alternatively, you can arrange for a friend or associate to pay the VAC in AUD at any Australian office of the department. By doing this, you would avoid the effect of any foreign currency changes.
Thanks Aussie Girl and Marianina,

It seems it IS possible to pay in Aust. Here is part of the email I received:

Thank you for writing to the VFS Australia Visa Service Desk.

For the visa fee, you can pay either at the office inside Australia or outside Australia.

Problem is, I don't know where that office is, what the department is, or even what I should google to find it. Sorry for my ignorance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thanks Aussie Girl and Marianina,

It seems it IS possible to pay in Aust. Here is part of the email I received:

Thank you for writing to the VFS Australia Visa Service Desk.

For the visa fee, you can pay either at the office inside Australia or outside Australia.

Problem is, I don't know where that office is, what the department is, or even what I should google to find it. Sorry for my ignorance.
club157, I think that would be the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, or the DIAC.

·
Read Only
513 Posts
I paid my fiance's PMV fee ($2000) over the phone with a credit card. Just rang Immigration and it took 5 minutes.
They then emailed me an invoice which she included when I submitting the application to VFS.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I emailed DIAC a few months ago and asked a similar question, this was their reply:

"In response to your e-mail inquiry, your partner may approach the Department of Immigration and Citizenship in any major city in Australia to make pay the Visa Application Charge (VAC) for your Partner visa application. He will be issued with 2 receipts, one of which he should send to you so that you can attach it to your application before sending your documents to Ottawa for processing. "

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a bunch, Bonez and Abby.
I'm going to ask my dad to visit the DIAC in Melbourne next week. Seems like a card (credit or debit) is enough to take care of it.
I'll let you know how it goes.
All the best to everyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello CAMEL.

Yes, I know about the 175 rmb..... plus extra for sending materials back again.

I was asking about the visa fee..... the $2060.

Anyways, I have an answer now..... you can pay in person, or by credit card over the phone. My mum with her card and they emailed her the receipt quick smart, and then she fwd'd that to me. Seems painless enough.

Thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.