Australia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I work as a freelance videographer in the UK, I'm currently 39 and am looking for ways to live permanently in Australia. I highly doubt an Australian video production company would sponsor me, so are there any other options? I don't mind doing farm work for a year if that'll be a path to getting permanent residency. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
May I suggest that you consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for an assessment of your case?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, sorry if this is obvious but how do I go about contacting them?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks for your reply, sorry if this is obvious but how do I go about contacting them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I totally get that you guys want to earn a living from your time spent looking at people's applications. I simply don't have the cash to spare and I'm feeling at the end of the road and want to find out if it's possible I can make the move. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I totally get that you guys want to earn a living from your time spent looking at people's applications. I simply don't have the cash to spare and I'm feeling at the end of the road and want to find out if it's possible I can make the move. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
A permanent skilled visa has a visa application charge of $4,045 for the primary applicant, a skills assessment will cost around $1,000, there may be state nomination fees, medicals cost $300-500 and there will be additional costs for police checks and other outgoings. You may also need to demonstrate that you have sufficient resettlement funds to obtain a state sponsorship. That is all before the not insignificant costs of actually moving to the other side of the world. So a few hundred bucks to get a decent head start is a tiny fraction of what you will need to be successful, whether you do everything yourself or get some professional advice.

As @aussiesteve says, you could start with the Department’s website. This is also a suitable starting point: Visa options for permanent residents.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Agree with the above.

You don't necessarily need a migration agent. The IMMI website is pretty good. It will take more time and effort, but you can do it yourself. I did my own PR application, and my own citizenship application.

But if you can't afford an agent, then you probably can't afford a visa either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts